“Exceptionally great”
Review of Asian Tea House

Asian Tea House
Ranked #2 of 29 Coffee & Tea in Galway
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptionally great”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had dinner in the restaurant Saturday night. Was greeted with smiles before my friend and I were even seated! :) they also served us jasmine tea while we were deciding on what to order.

From starters, to entrée, to dessert, everything was perfect. The staff are all so kind, attentive, and the are always giving you the time, wether it they are crazy busy, which is great!! :)

We went into the Asian Lounge, which was just recently opened, it was packed! Which is a good sign! We ordered some cocktails, Mojito & Shanghai Kiss( recommended by bar girl).... They were to die for!!! And only €5.. Except the shanghai kiss was €1.50 extra.. But it was worth it!! :)

There is not one BAD comment I can give for my experience in the Asian Tea House & Lounge. Compliments to the Asian Tea House Team( because its them that makes both place so pleasant and welcoming!

I will be recommending this restaurant to more people for sure!! :)

1 Thank Ath1212

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent evening”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Dined here as part of a group of 11 and was impressed with the gracious and efficient service and delicious food. The menu was varied and extensive, 2 of the group are coeliac and they were delighted to be offered an entirely coeliac friendly menu. We all enjoyed delicious fresh starters and mains including beef, pork, lamb, fish, chicken and vegetarian dishes. The portions are very generous and the flavours properly balanced. The wine was good too. The staff were happy to serve up a birthday cake we had brought with us.

It would be difficult to imagine the same staff who served us so helpfully and efficiently would manage to mess up so spectacularly as decribed by some other reviewers. I'd have no hesitation in recommending this fine restaurant and hope to return there myself to sample more of their hospitality!

1 Thank mctripsters
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic and friendly...can't get enough!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We go to Asian Tea Lounge once a week.. I can't get enough of the food there. The staff are friendly, and remember our drinks order (and sometimes food order) every time! I can recommend the BBQ ribs, they are the best i've ever tasted..The sauce isn't gloopy like you get in some asian restaurants and the meat falls off the bone..mmm!
The main courses are fantastic and you can alter the spiciness of them to your own liking. The Hung Siu Chicken is my favourite..I'm pretty sure that broth has magical qualities! If you feel a cold coming on, order this dish and add some chilli (if you dare), and you'll be cured in no time!
Can't say enough good things about this place, definitely worth a look!

• Visited October 2012
“Ignore the negative nonsense ...”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

After reading some recent reviews I made a return visit. I was worried that one of Galways finest restaurants had let standards slip. I can now report that previous reports are pure nonsense. This place is so far ahead of the average Asian restaurant that the reviews begar belief.

I had Vietnemese spring rolls followed by Mango Chicken.My partner had the Duck. It was excellent. If you are only used to Chicken Curry with chips as your normal Asian experience this would be a let down. But as a foodie I know the Tea House is only for those who really know their food.

“Over rated and too expensive”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Food was average and taste very blend. Since the reviews from tripadvisor sound really good. I guess everyone have different expectations maybe we just had higher expectations than others. The place was absolutely crowded when we were there, the place was too loud to even chat. The other person could barely even hear me. The order was wrong when it was delivered we had to wait for a further 15 minutes. Not impressed. As we were starving after a long day touring around Galway!
Could have gone to a pub for the meal if its going to be as noisy as a pub on a friday night!

6 Thank PaulyOb