“Great location, friendly staff, quality food”

Il Folletto Ristorante
Ranked #111 of 469 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant, offering a wide range of authentic pastas and pizzas, steaks, veal and fresh fish dishes. Were cater for large groups with a private dining area. We are situated in the heart of Galway's latin quarter on Quay street. We have outside terrace dining area. Children's menu available.
Dublin, Ireland
“Great location, friendly staff, quality food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Was dining late on the Saturday evening and as a lot of the restaurants stop serving at 10pm, we were delighted to be given a table here. Staff were very friendly and chatty and certainly added to the experience. A wide ranging menu with lots to choose from. Service was prompt and the food was served without any real delay. Bruschetta and Sirloin Steak were very tasty and well up to my expectations. Good value for money and would definitely go back again.

Visited July 2013

San Diego, California
“Great !”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great Food, Great Decor, Great Service, Very nice Owner...The food here is very good and price matches the quality of the food and service. I met the owner when I was sitting in the bar waiting for my friend...nice guy spoke about his business, and restaurant...Love the overall friendliness aspects in everithing.definite a place to eat in Galway

• Visited July 2013
“Poor food, overbearing service!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant three times now and each experience was worse then the last. The last and final time I will go here saw a group of 9 people who were celebrating an occasion. The service was overbearing, what a waitress thinks is a joke was not taken up as so when a group of friends want to have a nice dinner. She was intrusive and unprofessional. The starter took 50 minutes to come out, I appreciate we were a large group but no apology was given! The starters were staggered which left some plates cold while we politely waited to all be served. The main course followed a further 45 minutes later, again staggered. Pasta was in very small portions and was served cold. The waitress did politely replaced the food. Chips were roasting hot but raw inside.
Wine flowed all night and it was clear that the staff placed more emphasis in bringing out alcohol then the food itself. I, who did not want to drink was asked more then 4 times if I wanted my glass filled even though I made it quite clear I was not drinking. I felt the waitress pushy.
The food was VERY overpriced for what we got and no apology was given for the late food.
I would not recommend this restaurant nor will I go here again. Galway has better to offer.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Alohan2011
Helsinki, Finland
“Great food, friendly service”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This restaurant was just next to our hostel. The waitor was very friendly and courteous cracking some jokes. Food was great and the dessert to die for. Be sure to try the chocolate cheesecake and pannacotta! I think this place has a good value and it's not overly expensive.

Visited June 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I ate here recently and had a wonderful meal. Service and quality was excellent and was reasonably priced. Would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013