“love this place”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

went for lunch yesterday, reasonably priced, really tasty, friendly staff! portions were just right.. will be back again!

1  Thank kate b

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Not much to say here other than this place is fantastic and definitely a huge cut above most of the other restaurants on Quay street, which I would consider as tourist traps. I had a steak, my wife had the chicken and both were cooked perfectly. We got lucky and got in without a reservation but you might want to call ahead. Can't recommend this place more.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This small restaurant is upstairs above a corner pub, Tigh Neachtain, on Shop Street in Galway. This was recommended by a relative and we were not disappointed. The decor was nice, and the service was very good. The food was excellent; my wife had a starter for her main plus dessert, and I had the lamb trio for my main. I would recommend eating here if you`re ever in Galway.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My partner and myself have always loved this restaurant but have had more bad experiences than good of recent. Cost cutting is obvious from the get go. When its good its great but when its bad its awful and it was awful. I left without having anything to eat. No finesse with even the most basic of cooking techniques ignored. I will miss this place. It was intended as a treat after race week. Still hungry

2  Thank shanedaly
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went for a late lunch, as this place is often crowded at peak times. We sat upstairs by a window, so we could watch the busy market area.

We were able to leisurely dine on delicious food served by a very friendly & competent staff (I asked for iced tea--not a popular drink in Ireland-- and while it is not on the menu the waitress brewed a perfect glass).

My broiled fish was perfect-moist and tasty. My wife had a seafood stew that was so delicious we took pictures--and we are rarely food picture takers. And the dessert looked delicious, and it must have been because my wife refused to share it.