“Ordinary”
Review of The Dail Bar

The Dail Bar
Ranked #26 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Dail Bar and Restaurant has already become a firm favourite to both Galway residents and visitors alike with its stunning decor that is both impressive and comfortable at the same time evoking a relaxed warm atmosphere that just draws you in like your favourite local. Situated on the intersection of Middle Street and Cross St right in the heart of the city it really is a beautiful bar to visit The Dail is decorated in a wonderfully traditional manner with beautifully carved oak bars, feature fireplaces ,stunning staircases and many a cosy corner to while away an evening. The downstairs bar has a warm inviting local pub feel where you can relax and enjoy your favourite drink in a comfortable environment, chat to friends, and get to know the friendly bartender or just absorb the atmosphere and many hidden features that the bar has to find!The Dail is also a restaurant serving top class food at Pocket friendly prices all day everyday. The varied and enticing menu really does go above and beyond a traditional pub menu. The Bar is open late 7 nights a week from 11:00am to 2:00am
Galway
“Ordinary”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We wenr here for lunch Sunday and both ordered the roast chicken special. It was just ok. My dinner was just warm when it reached me and there was a clear difference between the temperature of my chicken dish and the vegetables that came on the side. The dinner was tasty but nothing special and I wouldn't be in a rush back here as there are plenty of other places in the area that can offer a higher standard of food for the same price. €35 for two dinners and two drinks.

Clare
“One of the best pubs in Galway”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Can't recommend this bar/ restaurant enough. Whether it's a few day time drinks you are after or somewhere to go before hitting the clubs this place is perfect. With a great range of craft beers and friendly staff you are in safe hands. There is something on the menu for everyone and the food is very tasty at reasonable prices. They also have live music which creates a great atmosphere. Perfect location in Galway city. There is also a nice cocktail bar upstairs.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Voilareally
Galway, County Galway, Western Ireland
“Warm Welcome, Lovely Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited here recently. Got a very warm and genuine welcome from Ger the food manager. Really looked after us. Food was well presented and very tasty. We will be back!

6 Thank Mrs_D_Meehan
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
“Stroke of luck”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was in Galway during a study abroad trip, and every night we had free time to roam the city/town we were in and get dinner and do whatever. So our first night, four of us walked up and down the streets near our hotel before finding The Dail Bar by chance. We were there at an awkward-ish time, like an early dinner-ish time in the US, so it was quiet, and it felt tucked away from the busy streets, which I appreciated. The server was prompt and polite, and our food took a decent amount of time (a little on the long side, but someone in our group did order a hearty dinner, so yeah, they take longer to prepare). I got the brie and bacon toasted sandwich and I have not shut up about it since I had it, I loved it so much. Despite being the "easy" order in the group, my food came out hot and fresh and delicious. The servers were so, so patient in splitting up our check, as well, and handled one of our cards declining very well, too. The prices were comparable to what you'd see in the states, nothing to gripe over, especially when you're tired and just want a great meal and don't want to have to worry about your stomach turning all night. Whenever I get back to Galway, I'm definitely stopping back here.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Samantha J
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We went out for dinner on Friday night without a reservation and were having trouble finding a table. One place that turned us away pointed us in the direction of the Dail Bar and boy did we luck out. It was a bit busy with the World Cup crowd, but we got a table within 20 minutes and the food was wonderful. I had sea bass over bacon mashed potatoes and it was amazing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The crowd was lively and the service was lovely. I'd definitely visit again if I find myself in Galway.

• Visited June 2014