“Tasty meal”

Ranked #63 of 509 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ate in Ra Robertas today and I have to say that the meal was every bit as tasty as it used to be in the past under the old ownership. The staff were very pleasant and attentive and we most definetly will be returning. We have visited this restauant many many times over the years and will continue to do so as long as they keep dishing up yummy food. WELL DONE TEAM DA ROBERTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My family have been eating here for years , on Sunday trips and during the summer. We were so disappointed today. My chicken dish was not worth €17. My husband and daughter had Cajun chicken. The sauce tasted like something out of a jar. There was a synthetic table runner which was dirty as was our table cloth. We miss you Sandro and Roberta. We have not met the new owners but sorry guys...on the basis of our experience today we won't be back.

1  Thank Maurafromgibberland
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Got a €20 Living Social Voucher from a friend for my Birthday and had fabulous dining experience!
Being local, my wife and I socialise in all the nearby restaurants and this one hits all the right spots! We had a glass of house wine each, she opted for pasta, myself for pizza all for €20 (fantastic value).
We did top it up with another Bottle of Beautiful Pinot Grigio for a reasonable €25 from a very friendly Irish Manageress! Most of the staff seemed Italian but all spoke good English and were friendly to any of the punters sitting near our table.
On leaving we bumped into the Italian owner who introduced himself as Dario! He came across as very humble but delighted with our compliments on his new venture. Definitely one to go back to in my opinion!
Stevie H.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here lots of times over the years wonderful place wonderful service beautiful food eat here tonight poor food ordered Cajun chicken got pesto chicken I ordered penne arabitta paid 4 euro extra for chicken I would say half breast chicken it's great that we have a choice of places to eat in Galway we won't be going back here change your name and don't pretend to be the restaurant ye are not

4  Thank Kangoojt
Dario M, Owner at Da Roberta's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

I was very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience or food with us here in Da Roberta’s. As you were on a Living Social offer that you purchased, which was offering:
“For only €40 (up to an €86 value, for up to 53% off), four people can enjoy any pizza or pasta dish with a glass of wine or a soft drink each"
You did request with your waitress on the evening, with the two soft drinks could you also receive a bottle of house wine, which she had to courteously refuse as she is not permitted to offer a bottle of wine instead of two glasses with the offer. You informed the waitress that you did not care for pasta or pizza and requested a different dish from the menu the waitress was very accommodating and explained to you the alternative dish would cost €4.00 extra each and with the addition of chicken to the pasta dish, she did not charge extra. . I acknowledge a mistake was made in the sauce, we serve the sauce in a ramekin to prevent any delay and be able to rectify any mistake immediately. On paying your bill you did inform us of your dissatisfaction of your meal and service. Had you informed me beforehand of your dissatisfaction, I would have endeavoured to try to accommodate you and your party to make your experience enjoyable in Da Roberta Ristorante.
It is with great regret I learned of your disappointment on the net

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Just had dreadful meal in Da Roberta. Food so bad, assumed restaurant had changed hands as it was over a year since we had eaten there. New owners since last summer we understand. Seafood pizza with crab sticks, olives on another pizza out of brined mixed olive bottle, parma ham had past sell by date smell. Had voucher for two pizzas and two glasses of wine - wine unbelievably bad - complete gut rot. Shame new owners could not maintain quality of food served by Roberta and Sandro for many years in Salthill. Should have been wary when there was no problem getting a table...it used to be advance booking only. Avoid.

3  Thank TerryOF