“Highlight of our trip!”
Review of Faherty Day Tours

Faherty Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 57 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: BOOK NOW !! Aran Islands Tour includes. The return coach transfer to Rosseveal Harbour, Return ferry to Inis Mor and all day tour of the Aran Islands. Bus, Bike, or walking tour on Inis Mor is included.
Clarksville, Virginia
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Excellent tour! We visited just after storms had destroyed parts of the island, washing out roads, etc. Despite this and the hardship to the island we had a great day and a great tour. Fantastic views and weather. Loved the lunch stop and felt we had an authentic experience. Thanks!

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

One of my favorite parts of our trip around Ireland was visiting the Aran Islands with Faherty. He picked us up right by our apartment in Salt Hill since it was on the way to the ferry docks, which was great since we didn't have to trek it into town center. Our tour guide was native to the Aran Island Inishmoor and showed a lot of pride in being able to share his home with us during the tour. The way the tour works is, you guide drives the bus to the ferry terminal from Galway, takes the ferry across to Inishmoor with the group, then he has another bus on the Island in which he drives to many of the important sights on the island all while explaining its history. Make sure you hike up to see Dun Aengus during the two hour stop there. For me it was even more spectacular than the Cliffs of Moore. Peer off the edge of the cliff to the ocean while touring the ancient Viking fort teetering on the edge. The environment of Inishmoor is truly alien. The story of its people is incredible. Such a wonderful part of our trip made all the more special by Faherty.

2 Thank drrobrx
Goose Creek, South Carolina
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Nice Day”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went to the Aran Islands with Michael in 2011, bad weather but we still had a great day with him. This trip was wonderful, great weather, good group. This is a must do from Dublin or Galway. The ferry trip was a bit rough, no worries tho. Once you get on the Island, Michael makes the place come alive. We can not wait to go back with Michael.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Magical Day”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I spent 7 days in Ireland and I have to say that this tour was my most favorite thing. I choose to do it on my last day and it left an impression I will never forget. I had done a few other tours, but this one was the most relaxing. The other tours were chaotic, and one of the bus tours even played loud rock music. On the bus going to the ferry, when Mike was not talking about the history all around he played Irish music. I personally really liked that. I was traveling alone, and Mike was very personable with all of his insights about his heritage of coming from the island. It really made me feel comfortable and I was able to just enjoy each moment. He took time to connect with everyone and was generous with allowing time to take pictures and explore. I learned alot about the island and I HOPE to go back and see it again. It was really beautiful there, the little shops were lovely. (Charleston, SC)

2 Thank Hope R
Arlington, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely tour!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent a day with Michael and other tourists visiting the Aran islands. The online booking system is down so I emailed Michael the weekend before we headed to Galway and heard back from him by that evening. He sent a link to book the trip, which worked flawlessly. Luckily, we were able to use a desktop with a printer to print off the tickets. Michael asked us to meet him at the new coach station in Galway and both we enjoyed both the bus ride and ferry. Michael spent a good bit of time telling us about life on the islands and you can really sense his love of them. Our first big stop was to Dun Aengus, which was absolutely amazing. However, it was never mentioned to us that there was an admission fee, that is wasn't included and they don't take credit cards. Michael pointed out a restaurant to have lunch at after the hike to Dun Aengus, which offered some good lunch options (and they take Visa). We also visited an old Monastic site, a fishing village, a beach, as well as a bay where the ferry back was docked. Towards the end of the trip when we were at the bay, it had gotten quite cold and windy and we had over an hour to kill. There weren't many places to take shelter so it left us both shivering and quite cold. Perhaps one more stop somewhere interesting could have been planned instead of a wasted hour at the bay? The trip back to Galway was flawless and Michael even dropped us back at the hotel room. Overall, it was a good day and Michael is very knowledgable and friendly.

1 Thank Motrya M