“Best Tour I've Been On”
Review of Faherty Day Tours

Faherty Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 56 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: BOOK NOW !! Aran Islands Tour includes. The return coach transfer to Rosseveal Harbour, Return ferry to Inis Mor and all day tour of the Aran Islands. Bus, Bike, or walking tour on Inis Mor is included.
Glenside, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Tour I've Been On”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Michael, our driver, was AWESOME! He took us to the Aran Islands, and had so much knowledge. I learned so much and this was by far, the best tour I have ever been on!

1 Thank bvozzo4

• Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Day of Our Trip to Ireland”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This tour was amazing! It was the best part of our trip by far. Mike was informative and easy going. Stopped often to take great pictures and always offered to take group photos for us! Aran Islands was amazing! Would recommend this tour if it was the only thing you got to do!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JBishop_37
Vantaa, Finland
“Very nice experience!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Michael Faherty knows everything that's going on on the island and gives lots of information about the history and culture.
And is a very good guide and a nice person.
The views were awesome and the island has lots to offer.

1 Thank Blurrito
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Flaherty Tours the ONLY way to see the Aran Islands”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My extended family and I toured Inishmore with Michael in 2010 and had a great experience, so when I brought 24 students to Galway last week, I booked the same tour. Michael picked us up in Galway, drove us to the Inishmore ferry, arranged for a private tour of the island for my students, then delivered us all back to the Kinlay Hostel, where we were staying. Despite the cold and blustery weather, Michael made the experience one the students loved; since he grew up on Inishmore and shared his personal recollections of its people and places, his knowledge of the island and its history are priceless. I can't imagine a more perfect guide to this island, or one who cares more deeply about an authentic experience for visitors to this rugged and gorgeous island. He is, simply, the only one you should hire to experience the beauty of Inishmore. My students rated the highest of all the activities we did in, and around Galway for the week.

3 Thank irishlass951
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must When Visiting The West Of Ireland!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Aran Islands are a "Must See" when visiting the West of Ireland, and Michael Faherty is the perfect guide for the adventure. We brought a large group of university students to Galway and the trip to the Inishmore was the first tour on the schedule. Michael picked us up at the coach station in Galway and the tour began there, with information about each town we passed through on our way to the ferry. (He was sure to give the best advice, "Sit in the back of the Ferry," as it was a rock ride over on a cold March day.) Michael provided a truly special tour of his home Island, which his affection for showed through out the tour. He did not just stop at each site and let you roam, but instead would walk with us or sit for lunch, answering many questions and giving great insight to life on the island. I would recommend this day tour for any group size. The students have remarked that this was a highlight of their trip. It will leave you with a great fondness for Inishmore.

1 Thank MEWorrell