All reviews excellent location eyre square no lift tea and coffee provided street noise hired a car luggage rack heavy bags big bathroom warm room reception desk friendly receptionist one night stay clean towels plenty of hot water two double beds would definitely stay here again
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The townhouse (it's more like hostel now) convenient to Eyre Square and the bus station (less than 10 minute walk). Slightly away from the actual square so you don't hear the pub crowd, unless stragglers are passing by under your window.

I saw a staff person at the reception maybe once, and it was only for a few minutes; the rest of the time, there was no staff around, morning or night. When walking to our room, we saw supposedly washed towels sitting on the floor in the hall next to a large bureau full of bedsheets. I also spotted a silverfish crawling under the bureau. Well, at least I know where I can get extra towels, if I'm desperate. Our room's bathroom was moldy, the shower had a major drip that we could hear all night, and both the shower and sink drainage was very poor. There was also an odor in our bathroom, like wet moldy rag. We mentioned this to the staff person the one time we saw him. He did get someone to fix the drip and someone installed an air refreshner in the bathroom, but he never came to snake the drain as he promised (instead I did see him having coffee at the cafe across the street soon after our conversation). Room did have tv, kettle and cups/spoons/sugar for tea & coffee, and free wifi, and the bathroom is spacious. There's a computer in the lounge by reception with free internet. I was put off by the uncleanliness and lack of staff at this place but if all you need is a bed in a convenient location and aren't bothered by such sanitary conditions, it is a cheap option for this area.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed two nights in a double room, we arrived about 8.30pm on Friday night. We couldn't get an answer from the front door so we eventually called them by phone, we were told the code to the door & that our key was in the box in reception. We went up to reception and there was no staff member to be seen. We got our door key in the box and found our room after much searching. We stayed there two nights and not once did we meet a member of staff, it was very unprofessional and the first time in my life not to meet the owner/manager of a place I have stayed.

The room was clean but very small & the ensuite was like a match box, the bed linen had long dark hair on the pillow case which was completely disgusting. There was a tv and tea/coffee facilities in the room. We were in a front room and the noise from the street was annoying during the night.
I'd recommend this lodging to hen or stag party only. Due to the fact the room was tiny and we didn't meet any staff I thought this place was very expensive, it charges hotel prices but the standard is appalling. A nice b&b would be such better value.

Room tip: Avoid I'd you can at all
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night on July 14th. We found the service to be cheerful and efficient and friendly. We had a street facing double room and were woken several times during the night by the shouts of revellers and at one point seemed like a fight was going on on the street below. This despite the window closed and the air conditioning (noisy) fan on! You must be able to lug suitcases up one or two flights of narrow steep stairs if you stay here. The beds are comfortable, large and clean. However the decor is tired and a bit jaded. The light above the sink didn't work and the toilet blocked up though cleared itself after a manual flush. Could do with a lick of paint and some better window insulation to keep out the nightlife noises.
The Revive Cafe downstairs is very handy and we ate a nice breakfast there. Despite the claims of excellent coffee we found it to be acceptable coffee but then we haven't tried coffee anywhere else in Galway City so it could well be true!

Room tip: Not suitable if you are unable to carry suitcases up one or two flights of steep narrow stairs.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed on Saturday night, quick check in and then out to the pubs. Stayed in a single room with a large comfortable double bed, room had kettle and TV and bathroom was large and clean, Great location just off eyre square.

Place is clean and just what I was looking for and I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank -_-_-_-paul-_-_98654
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Gem of a place, just 2 mins away from eyre square, station, shops. We would go shopping, come back to get rid of our load and out again. Windows on street tend to get all the outside noise, but we weren't too bothered. Receptionist very helpful. Rooms tastily decorated - modern with the country look. Main con is there is no lift and stairs are narrow.

Date of stay: July 2012