Eyre Square Townhouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexcellent locationeyre squarestreet noisetea and coffee providedmodern and stylishno elevatorhired a carheavy bagsbig bathroomreception deskclean towelsfriendly receptionisttwo double bedswould stay againplenty of hot watershop streetshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Traveled here with my boyfriend and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were new, clean and comfortable. A little small but not a big deal. The palce was easy to locate when we got off the bus from Dublin and is in a great location. Great value for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaB294
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A lovely, easy to locate small hotel in Galway City - just what I prefer to stay in. Be ready to lug your suitcases up the stairs if you're not fit, but it is worth it in many ways. It is a small place so you will typically only see two people...but it has a niceness about it. The staff are friendly, to be sure.

The room I had was more than suitable. Not a great view from the back - over looking rooftops but that's ok. Very nicely decorated, with a great double bed. The pillows were perfect for me. There was a small desk, kettle and yes, there is wifi, but it is not too reliable..

There were a few things wrong, and I'm really easy to deal with but the day I went to the Cliffs of Moher I returned to my room to find the door open. Not good. The cleaner had not closed it properly and I had my passport and laptop sitting there. I was extremely upset, of course. It didn't help that the door lock from the inside of the room was broken, but you would think they'd close the door. Nothing was stolen, which was sheer luck. The front door of the hotel is wide open during the day and anyone can walk in, even with the cctv there isn't always someone at the desk watching. I was not impressed.

I spoke with the desk fellow Liam and he did his best to squirm his way out of it. There never seemed to be any management types around or anything as it's such a small place. Nothing was done.
Too bad, I was really liking the place, that wrecked everything. This is a one off likely, and if it didn't happen I would be really happy with my stay here - but alas, that bad experience dominated.I filled out an online comment form when I returned home and sadly complained, but I have yet to hear anything and that was the end of January.
I don't like to say negative things, but in this case as security was seriously lacking and this is the forum to mention the good and bad. Fix the lock. Simple.

Regardless, I really did like the townhose as it is located near shops- mere steps away - pubs and restaurants. It's Galway, it's small - everything is close.

Galway City is wonderful and I did love it, even in the wild, rainy, windy weather of January and Febuary - but I would likely look into other nearby hotels solely due to the lack of concern and safety for the customer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a nice view of the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Eyre Square Townhouse is located on a sidestreet off Eyre Square so that all the main attractions are outside the door, while it is quite enough for a good night's sleep. We were delighted with our stay, the room was small but cozy and perfect for a short city stay where you're not planning on being in the room too much. The room was clean, with a very nice powershower. Tea and coffee provided in the room, but no breakfast available, however there is a gorgeous cafe just next door that serves a range of breakfast options. This is a good choice for a budget trip to Galway as many of the hostels were charging almost the same rate for a private room.

Room Tip: You can get a very nice breakfast in the cafe just next door and there is a shopping centre across the street with Marks & Spencer.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth G
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on our short stay here in Galway. The property was immaculate - very clean room and public spaces. The amenities were modern and the decor was very inviting. The location just off of Eyre Square also made it convenient to shopping, restaurants and tourist attractions. I would definitely stay here again.

Because it is a small property in the heart of the city, parking is a bit limited and there can be some street noise in the room, but that's to be expected.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jason H
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Easy check in, reasonable price, friendly staff, excellent location, very comfortable room with good decor, free WiFi and a huge shower in bathroom. Nice pin feature when arriving back late. Will use this place for future visits to Galway.

• Stayed: January 2013