“Great Host, Great Location”

The Forge House B&B
Ranked #46 of 185 Galway B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Host, Great Location”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here our first two nights in Ireland after driving from Dublin. Dolores is a wonderful host -- very personable and she had great recommendations. When deciding between going to the Aran Islands and Connemara she recommended the latter and we had a tremendous day driving out there and riding ponies on the coast of the North Atlantic. It's also in a tremendous location -- less than a 5 minute walk to the main parts of Galway. The full Irish breakfast was delicious each morning. Two downsides -- the room was small including the shower and we had trouble picking up internet in the room on our phones. Neither of these were big deals for us. Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tuusula, Finland
Reviewed September 28, 2013

For me this is exactly what Ireland is about. I absolutely love B&B's with hosts like Delores, she is amazing and welcome us to stay at her lovely old house. Room was really cozy and we absolutely loved our stay in Forge. I do hope I will get chance to stay there again in future when I am heading back to Galway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
near Charlottesvile
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived in Galway without a reservation and knocked on the door of the first B&B we came to near the city center. Bernard greeted us cheerfully, expecting someone else, and showed us to the last remaining room. We slept well after an evening in town, and woke up to Delores' good humor and breakfast. The breakfast room was convivial as honeymooners, girls on a lark and we all related adventures and suggestions, with Delores keeping our plates and cups filled. She saw us off at the door like old friends, to explore western Ireland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2013

After the long flight from The States and then a 3 hour bus ride from Dublin, Delores' lovely, smiling face was a very welcomed sight. She is a friendly beam of sunshine and she made our stay at The Forge a very positive experience. The location is a short walk to The Latin Quarter and all that Galway has to offer. Our room (top of the stairs and to the right) was big enough, the bathroom on the small side, but the bed was extremely comfortable and we slept well all three nights we stayed at The Forge. Remember, it is a B&B so soundproofing isn't really an option. You will hear what is going on in your neighbor's rooms. However, noise and conversations were never enough to keep us from rest. Breakfast was very good and plenty to keep you going throughout the day. Absolutely recommended if you are looking for a bargain in Galway.

Room Tip: Delores will be happy to arrange a tour with Galway Tour Company or you. They'll even pick you u...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a lovely stay here at this B&B in Galway City. It is in a great location in the center of town, easy to get anywhere, while still being in a nice quiet area. The room itself was very nice, clean, and comfortable; a very welcome thing after a day (or night) walking around Galway.

Dolores was an excellent host, immediately taking care of me as soon as I arrived, and giving me some good tips for exploring their city. Breakfast was also amazing, a very delicious way to start my day. Delores & Bernard are wonderful people, and have an amazing little place here in the heart of Galway. They even run a cool music recording studio (The Forge) next door.

I'll definitely have to try to come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Fine, basic accommodation. It was downright freezing while we were in Galway, so the room was a bit chilly, but we warmed up under the covers. Dolores was an excellent host with great recommendations and she is a great cook. The breakfast was way more than we needed, but all delicious and warming for the day. The location was great. Not noisy, but so close to all of the places you want to be in town. Success!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jazzalto
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the fourth bed and breakfast I have stayed at during our road trip round ireland. The best yet. Comfy bed, fantastic service and all round great character. I am here for a second night as I write this review. I have never been made to feel so welcome in my life and to top it off they also have a recording studio at the back that Snow Patrol recorded in and they let me in to play the drum kit at daft oclock at night. Definitely my kind of place and my kind of people. The breakfast here is the perfect hangover cure, beautifully cooked and presented with a fab smile. Brilliant. Thank you to Dolores and family for making this trip so memorable. Never to be forgotten. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013