Prague House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Galway
See available hotels
Corrib House Hotel(Oughterard)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmary and charliebrown breadrecommend pragueb bgreat locationoff street parkingbreakfast was deliciousminute walka wonderful stayfull irish breakfastexcellent hostsgave us a mapstayed for nightswalking distanceyogurtbed and breakfastcity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I always stay with Mary and Charlie when I am fortunate enough to come to Ireland. I spent 7 days with them at the end of August. It is an easy walk to City Center. Bedrooms and bath are nice and clean, beds are comfortable, and I sleep like a baby. Breakfast if delicious, Mary and Charlie are very helpful and eager to answer any questions and full of ideas of things to do and see. I love my days at Prague House and can hardly wait until I can return next year and escape the North Texas heat and humidity.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Prague House was a very clean yet small B and B.
It suited our purposes and was a very convenient walk into the beautiful City of Galway.
Mary and Charle were delightful hosts.
We'd recomend this place
Ginny and John
Sydney
Australia

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My parents and I stayed at Mary and Charlie's Prague House B&B in early August for 1 night. We arrived earlier than we had originally thought we would, but no problem... Mary welcomed us in with open arms! She took the time to show us details regarding which route to take through Connemara, so we took off on her advice alone (!), and made a quick but absolutely breathtaking drive through Connemara - returning to Prague House that same evening. Without her detailed advice/directions, we probably would've never made it. Mary really made sure we were without worry or need.... she was genuinely concerned about my 70 year old father's health during our stay, as well. We stayed in a very clean, snug triple room (1 double bed, 1 single) on the ground floor (due to our heavy bags and my father's health). We were originally supposed to stay upstairs, but Mary changed it up on the spot due to our needs... very accommodating! Great breakfast, freshly made as you order. Parking is tight on the grounds, but there is free street parking opposite the house on Father Griffin Ave. (no big deal at all). The house is actually very easy to find, as it is located at an intersection with a traffic light (Father Griffin Rd. / Father Griffin Ave.). I told Ann that I would most definitely be back to her beautiful city of Galway and would stay with them again next time! That's a promise!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed at this lovely B&B in Galway for 4 nights. We found it via TripAdvisor and everything we had red was confirmed. This is a small B&B only 5 a minutes’ walk from the city center in Galway and al the famous pubs. There are lots of B&B´s in the area and many of them are located more far away from the center, so beware of the location when choosing one.

Prauge House is clean and nice. Mary and her husband really take care of their guests with everything from guide arrangements to serving the one of the most tasteful organic breakfast we had ever eaten.

We can really recommend this B&B but be aware of booking long in advance, I think it has the sign "No vacancy" up a lot...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night and was fortunate to grab a room after a cancellation. We had a triple room on the top floor. Extremely clean room w/ fresh smelling linens. Reviews of the shower are spot on - warm and strong! Lovely breakfast.

Head to The Quays, a 5 min walk, for a pint, live music and a buzzing vibe. Loved our stay. Mary is a great hostess and will point you in the right direction based in where you want to go! ❤

• Stayed: August 2013