“Worst staff attitude”

Ranked #103 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Creperie et Cafe francais,open every day from 11 til 1am or 4am Food served all day and night,french wines and cider, buckwheat and sweet crepes, homemade soup, salads,homemade desserts,large range of coffees and organic loose teas.Relax and enjoy...
Roscommon, Ireland
“Worst staff attitude”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I had heard good reviews about the food here so I was looking forward to my visit last Wednesday. We ordered a croissant with ham and cheese, a scone with butter and jam, a savoury crepe, 2 coffees and 2 hot chocolates. The drinks arrived promptly and there we sat for 20 minutes. Eventually the crepe (the item that took the longest to cook) arrived. I caught the waitress's eye and gestured about the time and got a dirty look. Then the scone, on a plate with butter and jam arrived - not too challenging, I'd have thought. 10 minutes later, I had to ask for the croissant. I got another dirty look and was told forcibly "it is coming!" Eventually it arrived, delivered by a waiter who apologised politely. By then, the drinks were cold.
And all this to the sound of someone continuously practicing one piece of music on the piano in the upstairs area.
Lose the waitress and the piano and speed up the service and there may be hope. Until then, to be avoided!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LeonardsGirl

• Polish first
ireland
“Java's Creperie and Cafe Francais”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I visited this charming little cafe for the first time on Saturday with my friends who are Galway natives.
I live in a dreary town in the east of Ireland and to me this cafe is pure laid back sophistication !
How I would love to be able to frequent a place like this !
We had coffees and crepes . The service was perfect , warm without being over the top.

I just loved the decor and the whole ambience of the place . To be able to take refuge in Java from the rain on a busy Saturday afternoon after a wander in the market was just heaven .

How lucky one would be to live in Galway !

• Visited May 2013
Belmont, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were looking for a good crepes eatery in Galway and just happened to stumble upon this superb little French bistro. We had a quick lunch there and the food was wonderful. Great atmosphere and service too.

• Visited May 2013
cork,ireland
“A bit tired, but still good.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well yes, this place has been around for donkey's. And I get why people might be disappointed. Cosmetics need fixing: The couch and soft seating is no longer cool, it's just old, uncomfortable and, well, crappy. The bannisters is about to collapse (do not lean, for heaven's sake!!) The toilets aren't great...The service is very friendly though. The crepes are good, coeliacs catered for well, nice wine. I am sentimentally attached to the place as I used to go years ago and I will go back. I would rather though that they made some changes now, the time has come (gone, actually, to be fair..).

• Visited April 2013
Galway
“Trendy, casual and often cramped.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Have had tea/coffee here often in the past, but most recently ate here on a Friday evening with my wife. We only dropped in for coffee and a light bite, so we split the crepe rustique which was a special that day. Crepe rustique was filled with lardons, mushrooms and melted emmental cheese. It was a 9/10 I would say. The portion was big enough to split and have an ok bite out of it.
Service was good and didn't make us feel bad that we were only ordering one plate and two coffees.

• Visited April 2013