“Little treasure”

Ranked #93 of 488 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Creperie et Cafe francais,open every day from 11 til 1am or 4am Food served all day and night,french wines and cider, buckwheat and sweet crepes, homemade soup, salads,homemade desserts,large range of coffees and organic loose teas.Relax and enjoy...
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just had a lovely supper with my daughter in Java Galway.
We both had salads which were delicious. The passion salad contains leaves, goats cheese, walnuts, strawberries & seeds with a delicious dressing & French bread accompaniment. At €4.95 it is good value! I followed the salad dish with cafe gourmand, which gives you a choice of coffee with a taster plate of desserts. I was served crepe, brownie, ice cream & cream.
At €4.95 for a large coffee & desserts, very good value.
Staff were friendly & there was a lovely relaxed, informal atmosphere.
Remember cash only at this bistro.

There are newer reviews for Java's Creperie and Cafe Francais

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love the atmosphere, the banana mocha made with soya milk and the Doisneau's pictures upstairs.
Still never been there for a meal, next place to try... Soups look interesting...

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an old favourite to many - it was the first place you could go late night to get anything that wasn't alcoholic or chips to take away ... thus it's the location for many a fine romance to begin. However I'm not sure if it's changed so much or I'm just older but the slowness of the very cute waiting staff starts to irritate when you're not looking to spend 2-3 hours hanging out. The tables are very close together - which again is fine for networking, but not to have a quiet gossip about work or your in-laws. The food is above average, but then so are the prices. On reflection perhaps I'm just too old.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I come to this great little place every time we visit Galway. Unfortunately it is Not wheelchair accessible, but they are more than welcoming to the entire family, even prams (if you can find the space). It is a little gem with great food, and mouth watering french apple cider. Mismatched wooden tables scatter around large windows and a humble fireplace. There is an upstairs as well with a piano, but it seems to lack the same character as the main floor. I highly recommend the Caramelized apple sweet crepe. I can only dream of eating something as Delicious as this. When I am in this place, I am truly happy.

1  Thank SarahWritesandDreams
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

In fairness, the place is reall nice decorativly and the atmosphere is quaint. We went specifically for a crepe so didn't even look at the menu. It was delicious, however we did have to wait a good while for it to come.