“Superb!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Ireland, Belfast
“Superb!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A local lady recommended that we go here for a meal. Well, I was certainly glad to have taken her suggestion up. I am a hard person to please and they place could not be faulted. It was buzzing when we arrived, but they were thankfully able to seat us straight away. The staff were very nice and attentive. The menu was simple, yet had a great selection. I went for a fish dish and it was so fresh. I also managed a dessert and enjoyed it too. Very homemade and you could tell it was made with the best ingredients. Please go here and enojy it! As a hospitality Graduate I know what to look for and this place didn't disappoint!

2 Thank stephen2010

Broomfield, Colorado
“Great service and really nice food”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went there for a special family celebration. Staff were great. We had a table for adults and one for the children. Food was served promptly and was very tasty. I had the crab claws and a ribeye steak which were both delicious.
I am originally from Galway but not live in USA. Have always thought this was one of the best restaurants in Galway and I was glad to see things hadn't changed.

2 Thank comcgan
Queenscliff, Australia
“Every mouthful a winner.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I would happily have eaten just one element of each of my courses - the steak was cooked perfectly and had that great charcoal/BBQ flavour. The chips were fabulous but what I really liked from my main course was the roasted garlic pesto - delicious. My dessert was likewise built from wonderful components; a rich gooey chocolate fondant with some terrific vanilla ice-cream. My wife too raved about her vegetable curry "best she's eaten" and the lemon posset was superb. A must-do dining experience in Galway. As a bonus, the staff were very nice too.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chris B
Galway, Ireland
“Mouth watering food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Ate here at lunch time.. If we cd have licked plates we wd have every mouthful was wonderful.. Had cod with seasonal greens friend had seafood tagine. Husband had steak chips.. Desserts were fab too especially sticky toffee was fab great textures great depth of flavours every flavour working together complimenting each other...3 mains 3 desserts 3 coffees 3 drinks bargain at € 69.00

1 Thank MacGalway_Ireland
New York City, New York
“Amazing romantic dinner”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I ate at the Malt House with my fiancee in July of 2013. We had an unbelievable experience. The setting was peaceful yet lively. Our waitress Kiva took great care of us. We had a variety of appetizers which were all great but especially loved the crab claws. We're still dreaming about them. We both had fish for dinner and they were so fresh and brilliantly prepared. The chef's really know what they are doing. We also had desert which we rarely do however, since the main course was so good we had to try. We were not let down. I would recommend the Malt House to anyone visiting Galway or looking for a nice setting for dinner. It was fabulous!

• Visited July 2013