“food and service excellant very enjoyable experience”
Review of The Malt House Restaurant - CLOSED

The Malt House Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

recently had a family birthday dinner in the malt house and could not fault it. the staff were very friendly and professional. the food was amazing esp the goats chesse and crab claws as starters. main course scallops lovely. my father in law had the john dory and also loved. for us especially a table of 6 we were well looked after and value for money. complements to the head chef as my partner had the lamb tasting plate and could not stop talking about how much he enjoyed it. once i cant thank the staff for the service we were given especially with birthday plate which i taught was a lovely added extra but all staff came to the table to sing happy birthday. we wil definately be back again.

There are newer reviews for The Malt House Restaurant

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Malt House is a lovely place to eat. The restaurant was really busy the night I ate here and we were still served quite quickly. The food was lovely and service very good. As we left we got vouchers for a drink in The King's Head, a nice touch! Will definitely return when in Galway again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had been wanting to try The Malt House for a while; when we finally did, we found the food to be good (not great), but greatly lacking in value. The portions are far too small for what you pay. If the dishes were several Euro cheaper, we would consider returning. Otherwise, we will not be back.

1  Thank RyanO401
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent food and buzz..Had lovely tasty john dory.Two others had scallops and two had chicken.

all high in praise.Well done malt

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants in the Galway area. It's good quality food at a great price, their burger is delicious and the thick slice of suckling pig on top the icing on the cake. The blue cheese dip and hand cut chips yummy. My sister had the cold platter and loved the lamb but found the corned beef too dry, she ate all of the cheese and relish though and really enjoyed it. My son had the fish and chips and we all had a taste of the fish which was huge, delicious and crispy on the outside soft and sweet on the inside. My husband had a steak and almost ate the pattern off the plate! It was a fine big piece with a lovely rich pepper sauce. As it was my birthday treat we had dessert. I can certainly recommend the rhubarb tart with white chocolate ice cream, two of us had the fondant and I believe it was fantastic. We ate at lunch time and we felt it was good value at a little over €150 for seven of us four of those adults having a drink as well.