“Really great food”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Really great food”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This restaurant had some of the best food we had in our trip across Ireland. Notable was the shrimp (prawns) and the duck. Also great desserts. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Westfield, Massachusetts
“On Message”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We liked the look of this place as soon as we stepped in the door. Having had a very fine lunch in Oranmore, we limited ourselves to main courses and desserts, and of course a good bottle of wine. Rudi, the owner of The Boat House, recommended it and was upfront that he had worked there for many years. My salmon and my wife's scallops were beautifully prepared and delicious.

One of the few criticisms I have had of the dining scene on our current Irish vacation has been the less than polished service. That was certainly not the case here. All the waitstaff, and we had brief experiences with several, although we had one primary waiter, were professional, friendly and maintained there poise even when the restaurant approached capacity.

Our desserts, a sticky ginger pudding and an Eton mess with gooseberries and elderberries, were reason enough to dine here. This is truly a destination restaurant and we would be delighted to sample more of their repertoire.

1 Thank ulysses4
“Worst dinner I have had in a very long time”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

For my birthday I decided I would try kirwans lane after reading good reviews. We were greated by someone and taken to our table which was tiny table for 4, even though there were only 3 at my table. We were given time to read through our menu while our drinks( 2 processco and 3 glasses of wine) came to the the table. Myself and another person ordered prawns and we had an order of sushi. The 5 prawns were over cooked and a very small portion. The sushi was mainly rice and the fish was barely visable. The plates were removed from
The table whilst one of our party was still eating their food. We had a nice break between courses, although we paid for this as the main course had been sitting, we ordered steak - mediocre. Duck- dry, over cooker and just horrible. Hake - in a bowel of soup and very uninteresting. We were advised that the main course didn't come with sides so we ordered 2 portion of fries and 1 portion of baby potatoes. Fries- over cooked and oily. Potatoes - average and only 5 of them again.

We decided we were not staying another minute and asked for the bill- we did not even look at the desert menu. We asked for the bill while I tried very hard not to tell them what I thought.

Total bill: 155 euro. I would strongly advised anyone against going here. I have had better pub food, of which I never eat. From now on I will be sticking with Kai and that end of town who know would good produce and service is.

Very disappointing birthday dinner. Also I would like to mention that the one of the ownrs family members was sitting at the bar watching the restaurant, which is not particularly nice whilst you are trying to enjoy your evening.

5 Thank JG59872
Ireland
“Kirwin's lane comes up trumps again!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Everything we tried was perfectly cooked, and tasted fabulous. The beautiful range of fish and shellfish, not to mention the staff and service, will continue to keep us coming back for more.

Dublin, Ireland
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have eaten here many times and it is always excellent. The menu offers something for everyone but it is a haven for fish lovers! The Caesar Salad and Lemon Tart are also the best in town. There is a nice cosy atmosphere and the service is always very good. I love coming to Kirwan's Lane!!

• Visited April 2013