“As good as it looks”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We found Kirwan's by accident, although we're glad we did. Very fresh seafood and fish. My crab cocktail was very tasty, as was my Hake main course.. The portion was reasonable and the only mild criticism was that the mash was actually a potato cake. My wife's mussels were exceptional as was her smoked salmon with prawns. The salmon was mildly smoked and the prawns were very fresh. From a well priced wine list we chose El Coto Rioja. Excellent unhurried service throughout. A real plus is that the tables for two are quite large.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is one very nice restaurant the service was very good and friendly the food was fantastic
Fish & chips were the best iv had in a long time
The bread could be a bit fresher
Starters were excellent

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I both love good food so we were in Galway and decided to try the seafood bar as was recommend by friends.
WOW!!!
it's did not disappoint, service was excellent and the restaurant is lovely.
Food was fab! Well done and keep up the good work.
Well worth a visit.
Thank you. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the best restaurant we haver sampled in Galway. The ambience and the staff are great and they seem to use the best ingredients. Fish is the speciality but there's plenty of alternatives.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My friend came to visit me recently and she loves seafood, so we decided to visit this restaurant and all I can say is wow it didn't disappoint, everything we had to eat was absolutely delicious. The staff were really friendly and a lovely atmosphere. Would highly recommend this place