“Another visit , another jewel experience!”

The Seafood Bar @ Kirwan's
Ranked #21 of 484 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
limerick
“Another visit , another jewel experience!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Put simply, I wish I lived in Galway, Galwegians are just plain spoilt!,. My daughter and I wandered in for a pre college treat , ( her turn , not mine ) without a reservation , met by a really pleasant young lady , who , quite righty informed us that she could give us a table but we would have to be finished by 7.50 , ( it was 6 .20 pm ) we were happy as we really only wanted good food , early rather than late lingering food , we ordered soup, chowder , duck spring rolls, and ......cod with coconut curry , all fab, chowder , particularly amazing , rich in flavour , not loaded with cream but rich , light and chunky with fish, would have been brilliant just on its own , . The cod was superb , on a bed of stir fried fresh veg , garlicky but huge flavour , with a small sea of curry flavoured coconut velouté , light , Hugh taste s , . Have been to this restaurant several time in the last few years , family milestones , girls gatherings etc. but always constant in service , quality of food, . Soo jealous of the locals who only have to turn up on a whim!

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We dined here for my mum's birthday. Food & service were excellent! They had a huge fish specials menu to choose from. If you like fish it is a place you should visit! The service was outstanding and they really made my mum's night memorable.I will definitely return here.

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely dinner here”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went here for our wedding anniversary as I had heard so many good things about it, we had a lovely meal, the food was good but was slightly let down by the service.

Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent food but overall- taking a back seat and over priced”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

we've been relishing our trips to kirwans alne for the past 6-7 years. We visit it as a treat once/ twice a year. we saved it for the last nihgt of our holidays this time. We ate outside and the athmosphere was lovely and the haters were on so nice and warm. We shared a prawn starter- divine. My husband asked the waiter which he's recommend- sole or Sea bass, without hesitation the waiter said- Sole, the more expensive choice but without any reasoning for this choice. I ordered halibut. both dishes were cooked well and presented well however, given the price, they were underwhelming and not particularly special. When the waiter asked how ti was I said the same and he relied- we apreciate all feedback- soon after the chef poked his head out to see who it was that amde this comment. I couldn't believ it!! god help them if i had been a critic. That and the chefs taking cigarette breaks out the front of the restauant facin Shop street was a bit too casual and not what we had come to expect of this plae. My husband had chocolate mousse and I had a creme brulée. awhile later we finished with a fantastic cheese board and fine port each, all this along wiht a full bottle of wine each came ot over 165e. not cheap even though we had an enormous amount of food but in this day and ag, I still feel it was too expensive for a not completely fabulous meal. Overall, the competition for good food in Galway has risen greatly and I fele this restaurant will need to sharpen up to keep the customers. I'm not decide yet if Id go back, the food really is great but the way in whihc our feedback was dealt with was real turn off.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank maggiem00
Galway
“Good food”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Good all around, presentation, taste, service
well done, at last one great restaurant in Galway, I mean what you would expect from a restaurant

Visited July 2012