“Nice hideaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Skeff

The Skeff
Ranked #83 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Uniquely designed busy bar in the heart of Galway city center serving wholesome, quality food. 6 bars under the one roof including a thriving whiskey bar and cocktail bar - sit back enjoy some delicious food and drinks whilst overlooking Eyre Square. The Skeff Bar & Kitchen really is Galway's meeting place.
Ridgefield, Washington, United States
“Nice hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I had visited 3 or 4 other pubs and a handful more cafes and eateries before going to the Skeff, but wish that we had gone sooner. We just popped in for a pint, but the food smelled so good that we got a couple of small things. We enjoyed a great view of Eyre Square from our table near the bar while sipping on whiskey and some pints.

Visited May 2013
AshlingDudley, Owner at The Skeff, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Steve R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. I was delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable experience with us and that our food smelled so good it tempted you to try it- our kitchen team were chuffed to pieces with the review.

We are blessed with our central location with Eyre Square being right outside our front door and I'm glad that you got to experience that. We look forward to welcoming you back to visit us in the near future.

Warm regards,

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Best place for a drink in Galway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stumbled upon this place by accident. Went inside and got a beer and just enjoyed the atmosphere. Live music was great. The multiple stories and different bars were fantastic and the wood and paintings made it quite unique.

• Visited July 2012
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear TryciaL,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. I'm delighted that you got to enjoy our live entertainment and our "Skeff" atmosphere. We here at The Skeff Bar and Kitchen feel we offer something unique to the Galway pub scene with us being one of the largest bars in Galway that offers a wide variety of food, drinks, sports and music.
If you pay a return visit to the city of the tribes make sure you call in to see us again.

Warm regards,
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

The menu was a bit limited for my tastes but I was able to find some good choices and they were excellent. The chicken samosas were very flavorful. I am a toffee lover so the Banoffee dessert was amazing!!

Visited March 2013
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mandi M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. Being a fellow toffee lover I am partial to the banoffee pie so I was delighted to see you enjoyed it and I also passed your kind wirds on to our kitchen team! I hope to welcome you back to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen in th near future.

Warm Wishes,
Cork, Ireland
“Very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great food, a wonderful place, good prices!
We had fish and chips and a lovely dessert, apple pie with custard: simply perfect! Great dinner!

Visited April 2013
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Rosara R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. I was delighted to read about your enjoyable time with us. We here at The Skeff Bar & Kitchen pride ourselves on offering wholesome, homecooking at a reasonable price. I have passed your kind words on to all our kitchen and floor teams and we look forward to welcoming you back to the heart of Galway soon.

Warm wishes,
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was lovely, beautiful presentation and our waitress was super nice! We will be going back for some cocktails at the weekend! :-)

• Visited April 2013
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear shauna1992,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and I have passed your kind words on to the team. We are well known for our delicious, freshly prepared cocktails so I hope you get a chance to sample them.

Warm wishes,