“Good inexpensive meals”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

On Wednesday October 16th, my wife and I stopped in with euros (learned earlier in the week they don't take credit cards).

Our server wasn't the friendliest person, but at least she greeted us and seated us right away.

I ordered the (dinner portion) roasted chicken, which came with carrots, mashed potatoes, collard greens/cabbage mix, and gravy - for about 10 euros. My wife got the (lunch portion) beef lasagna for 6.50.

We both enjoyed our meals. If we ever visit Galway again, we will return.

3  Thank jpm0703

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The enchanting smile in a crowd of established restaurant's and bars. Galway city centre:
RIORDINS + THE EURO, = great food good service and choice, Excellent potions, The only suggestion, refills on Tea and coffee, for all patrons who purchase a main meal, and may I suggest, A Larger choice of Toast and Rolls, Brown and whole meal, Kenny marsh LONDON/LIVERPOOL · twitter.com/machlavelli
with all main meals as part of the eating experience.
Further, Galway's is a university town, And there were lots of locals in RIORDINS, The owners need too get them in and the staff, as a Lecturer, myself, 25% discount meals, special every day, and on the Full Irish breakfast, would be a winning insight here, we will wait and see.
If you are looking for a fuel stop, for your metabolic system, to keep you going all day, get on down. Enjoy, and talk about it on line.
Listen, Galway needs no shouting or screaming, The town sits in a time warp, and has not changed since President Kennedy, JFK walked down its streets. Ok it has changed a bit with the buildings and tasteless shopping centres, However the resonance of Serenity, compassion and honesty of its citizens, tells you why over a Million American and European tourist, want to take back ownership, belonging, and the natural birth rate, of lost but found DNA.
Eyre Square, needs some management, some much room but nothing real, no street culture or diversity, people led action, rather than, modern activity's organised by the OFFICE clowns. London has the speakers corner, may be Galway needs some out side the Box entertainment.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

On a recent trip to Riordans, we were greeted by a friendly red/blonde haired girl with a strange accent who attempted to fit us in as they were quite full. We were seated as a group of four and waited for at least 5 minutes without menus. The service from the other waitress was quite inhospitable as she separated our group and berated us for trying to get our own menus. The food took at least 25 minutes to arrive, and this wasn't because it was cooked with care. Lasagne looked and tasted like a ready meal, and the wrap was cooked with what looked to be chicken chunks from a packet. The chips were the only decent part of the meal. On a trip to the restroom it became apparent that there was only one cubicle serving men, and upon entering I was disgusted to find that the toilet would not flush and was unusable. The prices were low but very much reflect the low quality of food, and the good service from the aforementioned red/blonde haired girl was about the only highlight.

3  Thank CathalL07RN
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Currently the exchange rate between the UK Pound and the Euro is not that good. This makes many things in Eire quite expensive.

Four of us ate at Riodan's cheaper than we would have done at Mc'Donalds !!

The plates were big, the food plentiful.

I am sure we could have paid much more and had finer dining but we were all satisfied with the quality of what we ate (apart from the Baked Beans being a little cold).

If in Galway again I would definitely return

1  Thank Skeldergate
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the honey baked ham with parsley sauce. Ham was ok, but there was a distinct lack of parsley sauce (I.e. none). Others in the restaurant had the same problem, but didn't seem to realise. The waitress persisted to sell 'parsley sauce' with none arriving. At least she was friendly. My wife had the Irish stew which was disappointing, and not authentic. Meat was dry and chewy, and it just seemed like it was the inside of a poor beef and Guinness pie as opposed to Irish stew. Portion size was generous though. I got the impression that this place just serves whatever they like to tourists and as long as it vaguely resembles the menu, it is passed off as traditional. Won't be back or recommend.

3  Thank Michael F