“Delicious Full Irish Breakfast !”
Review of Riordan's

Riordan's
Ranked #185 of 502 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Big portion Irish breakfast for good price ! Very tasty.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Generous portions of good food. Would recommend for a good decent feed.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

It was a wonderful night in Galway and all the restaurants and pubs were packed with people. Riordan's was crowded too, and they asked us to wait some minutes for the table. We were very tired after a day of tourism around the island, and the waiting seemed to be annoying. But the guy of Riordan's was so kind, and as soon as he had a free table he made us sit down and order in less than 3 minutes. The food was simply great: delicious courses, not very sofisticated but good ol' local food. Large servings with very varied sides. We had both meat and fish couses: everything was just great. The price is really fair, nearly surprising: 16 € per person for a TWO COURSES meal. A MUST!!!! SUPER-RECOMMENDED! Thanks.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

As long as you're not expecting anything above what I'd call diner food, Riordan's is the place to go if you're hungry and looking to not spend much.

My wife and I stopped here for dinner on our first night in Galway. We were majorly jet-lagged and just wanted some food before we went back to the room for an early night.

I ordered the Irish stew and it was good. Not the best I've had, and not the best on this trip, but still good and very filling. Just what I needed after 8 hours on a plane followed by 3 hours on a bus! It's tough to beat two dinners for under 20 Euro outside of fast food.

Service was quick and friendly.

Other reviews mention wine and beer. I'm not sure where they got them from, as Riordan's doesn't serve. Just water, tea, and soft drinks here.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is really glorified canteen grub. Their meat tends to be very fatty and everything just seems to have come out of a box. On one occasion I had a tuna sandwich there, as I was a tuna lover. What I was served was so dreadful that I have not been able to stomach tuna since.
That said, they are charging little more than canteen prices for it and the service is adequate.
I don't like the thought of tourists trying here thinking that they are eating traditional Irish food. My mother did not freeze the cabbage for two weeks and then stick it in the microwave, practice that I am quite sure goes ahead in this establishment.

4  Thank Caroline W