“True Irish Hospitality and Great Value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Linderhof Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Sydney
“True Irish Hospitality and Great Value”
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We stayed with Brid and Uli for two nights over the recent Christmas holiday period, having stayed at the same B&B a number of times over the past 20 years.

After a long trip up from Cork we were welcomed with sandwiches and coffee upon arrival. Brid is a great host and made us feel welcome straight away. We were informed that breakfast the following day would be served at any time we chose. This came in handy as we "explored" some of the local pubs that night and rose at midday the following day. Many B&Bs have a cut-off time for breakfast which means rising at dawn or choosing to stay in bed and skip breakfast. Breakfast is a full Irish "fry" and is a great way to start the day.

The rooms here are modern, clean and of a higher quality than most other B&Bs we visited on this trip. The B&B has been run by the same couple for over 20 years and we have noticed it has been redecorated frequently. Our room had satellite tv and an en-suite bathroom. Great value considering the cost of hotels in the city.

Galway is a great place to visit and we have included it on all our trips to Ireland because it means that we are guaranteed a few comfortable nights at Linderhof. This is a great place to stay for a few nights or a week as the hospitality is beyond comparison and the location is a great base for exploring the surrounding area.

The B&B is within a 5 minute walk of the main streets in the city and the hosts can provide recommendations on the best pubs, restaurants and sights in the area.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Jason-from-Cork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Monaghan
Reviewed December 31, 2008

These people were very welcoming and friendly upon arriving and this continued until the moment I left. They were easy to chat to and were keen to ensure we got the best out of our break. The rooms were clean and well kept. The breakfast was wonderful and was offered no matter what time we got up which was a huge bonus, and all the fresh coffee you could drink. Overall Linderhof exceeded my expectations and I would definately consider going back.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank Mattyz69
Abroad
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Upon attempting to do a travel guidebook review of this establishment based partially on reviews found here, I can say that I have never had a stranger, more nerve-wracking experience. I agreed on the phone that I and my partner would have a one-night complimentary room for the review. The owners were nice at first. However, the place was filled with smoke when we entered. And, their clients from the night before had yet to depart. It was strange. The owner lady was dolled up and kept touching my partner and I, acting like we were the best of friends. After leaving my key to my car and then heading out into the town, we returned to find the owners demanding money, accusing us of being criminals. They had even went through our car, but nothing was taken. Upon this, we decided to leave, but they would not give back our key, saying they we owed them money and they were going to call the police. I went ahead and called the police. They came 30 minutes later. We had to pay this couple 30 Euros for their hospitality (for a lettuce sandwich with a coin-sized piece of salmon on it and a cup of tea) and then were given our keys back. We hurriedly left!! Be careful if staying here. I cannot say what is going on behind their closed doors, perhaps something that is not advertised openly. Anyhow, this is the nicest way that I could write this review. I can provide my credentials and anything else to back this story.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — Nerve-Wracking Accusations
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
10 Thank Twinlance
The Netherlands
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Unbelievable Hospitality, nice clean rooms for a very good price, excellent breakfast, great location

• Liked — The Hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
New England
Reviewed June 15, 2008

This was our favorite place that we stayed during our 9 days in Ireland; it was affordable, had lots of character, was in an amazing location in Galway (about a five minute walk from the city center but very quiet), and the hosts were AMAZING. Uli and Brid are very welcoming and provide lots of great advice on restaurants and music in Galway, as well as advice on where to take a nice walk, etc...they were amazing. Uli cooked us a wonderful Irish breakfast each morning, and they made us smoked salmon sandwiches for lunch each day to take with us. Brid was a great conversationalist and told us a lot about growing up in Ireland and chatted with us about everything from the U.S. elections to photography...I can't say enough good things about this place, right down to the well-kept rooms and constantly available tea and cookies on the second floor.

The only thing I would note about this place is that you can tell that smokers live in the house; our room/the second floor didn't smell of smoke at all, but when you walk in the first floor you notice a bit. This is probably common in Ireland overall though, I would still choose this place if I were to go back to Galway!)

• Liked — The hosts - the best!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank g_me716
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Stayed in a twin room with ensuite facilities. Tea and coffee is available for guests on the landing, and there's a large, comfortable lounge for guests to use too.

The landlady, Brid, couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful, and the house is clean and homely. It's in a great location, 5 minutes walk from Quay Street and is in a very quiet street.

Breakfast was delicious, and Brid provided us with great sandwiches to save us buying lunch!

All in all, a good quality, well priced B&B. I'd very definitely go back.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness and friendliness of hosts.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ali6
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed April 20, 2008

We were referred to Linderhof when the B&B we had booked had rented our rooms to other people. The booking mistake turned out to be a plus for us, because Brid and Uli are amazing hosts. We stayed two nights. Not only did we receive excellent breakfasts, but Brid gave us smoked salmon sandwiches and fruit for a day trip. She and Uli also arranged for a friend of theirs to tape the NCAA basketball finals in the middle of the night for us to see the next day. Brid and Uli are outgoing, lovely people who made us feel totally welcome in their home. The location is excellent -- just a few minute walk into the city center. The rooms are quite comfortable.

• Liked — The hosts
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple