“Awesome !!”

Galway City Walking Tour
Ranked #16 of 82 Nightlife in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Galway Tours is Galway City’s leading group walking tour operator. Our knowledgeable local Guides will show you the History and Culture of this Vibrant Medieval City. We provide specialised tours including our Historic Pub trail. Not only will our guides teach you the history of Galway City they will also give you an insight into what Galway is all about.
Bordeaux, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome !!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our guide (Keeva) was friendly, dynamic and full of energy (despite the weather). We learn a lot during the 1h30 of walk.
Moreover her accent was really easy to understand.
Thanks to her.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Aurelien T

Boston, Massachusetts
“The city came alive”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I went on this tour one Saturday morning and it was one of the best I have ever been on! Keeva was our guide and she was friendly, funny, and informative, and backed up the idea of the Irish being great 'craic'. it was interesting and fun without leaving out any details, adults and children alike enjoyed the tour. The city came alive as each building, cathedral and arch told its story to us, and what a story everything has! The colors of Galway are so beautiful in the fall! Would recommend for anybody visiting Galway, the city is great and I love Ireland!

Visited October 2013
Edmonton, Canada
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“More to Galway than a small University City”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Didn't take long to discover there was so much history to Galway. What is before your eyes and hidden away was all covered in this very enjoyable two hour walking tour. It is really not a big walk for those that don't like to walk as Galway is really pretty small and lots of the history is with about 10 minute walk of Eyre Square. After the tour I went back to many of the places to explore further and enjoyed both guided and independent. The tour I took was free but the young lady who was a university student as well really deserved and got a tip. She was outstanding in keeping everyone interested in her history lesson.

Visited October 2013
Fortaleza, CE
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice way to meet Galway”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I really enjoyed. I could learn about History and Irish culture with the lovely guide Laura. It was a great walk through the city. Laura, was absolutely amazing! The weather was so incredible, which just added to the beauty of the city. Definitely worth it to get an overview. Galway city from past to present day history..took us to all of the main areas and some quieter areas you wouldn't normally see if not use to the area..over all I came away extremely happy..

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to meet Galway!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My friend and I arrived in Galway and decided to do the walking tour. We have done a couple of these through out Europe but this one was the best! Our tour guide, Laura, was absolutely amazing! The weather was so incredible, which just added to the beauty of the city. I highly recommend this tour and the pub crawl as well!!!

Visited May 2013