“Wonderful Food & Service and Prime Location”

Martine's Quay Street Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: As a family we have lived and worked on Quay street since 1902 and have a long history of looking after customers with Martine having worked in Margaret Mc Donagh fish shop across the road (McDonagh's Seafood Bar) at a very young age. This tradition was passed on to my brother and I, as we too worked with our mother in her restaurant preparing and serving food. Our family tradition and Galway's Great trading ties with other countries have seeped into the bones of our restaurant and greatly influence everything we do. We believe in local Irish produce prepared simply using traditional and modern techniques from home and around the world.
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Food & Service and Prime Location”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

From the top Management, namely Martine herself, all the way
down to every member of her restaurant Staff, this is indeed an
eating place, everyone must try. Every night of the week it is
busy and on weekends, sometimes even a line at the front door.
Depending on the weather, one can choose to eat either inside, in
one of the lovely dining rooms, upstairs, or out front on the patio.
The menu is varied with all kinds of Seafood dishes, chicken and
beef dishes, wonderfully prepared Appetizer dishes, great breads, a fabulous dessert menu. It is just hard to beat Martine's
and of course the location is also unbeatable, right down in the
very heart of Quay Street. On your next trip to Galway, make sure not to miss this one.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jinglegirl

“Great group reception”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently had my hen of 18 at Martines ... The service was great, food was great and we had a wonderful time. Would definitely recommend!!!

Chester
“Effortless perfection!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a super location matched by sincere service and high quality food! Had a meal here on Monday evening and it was superb! The atmosphere is wonderful and sitting watching the passers by eating fish cooked to perfection takes some beating. Everyone happy and a warm friendly willingness to please. Everyone involved with this place deserves the best! Well done! Galway surely must be one of the happiest cities on this planet!

1 Thank MadelaineChester
“Very good restaurant!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location, great food, only reason Im not giving this 5 is because its just nice, classy bar food. If it was a proper restaurant it would be 5.
The service was great! One guy there on his own Sunday morning, but you'd never think it. Looked after everyone, offered my gf free refill on her coffee, checked on us to make sure everything was ok and gluten free. I got the burger, gf got the salmon.
Both were great, cooked to perfection, was stuffed leaving.
Sitting outside gives you a great view of shop street too.
Overall a very good place to eat in Galway, but was more impressed by the service.

Ireland
“Good Value, Good Meal”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stopped in here for Dinner while walking along Quay Street. Tables outside but were covered which is important knowing Irish weather. Great for people watching on a very busy street. Grainne our server was pleasant and polite and looked after Us really well. My Wife and I had 2 courses for 20 euro which is pretty good value considering the location. Both starters were spot on, I had the Salmon fishcake while My Wife enjoyed the soup. My wife had a fillet of Hake for mains which again was very good while I enjoyed a steak cooked exactly as I had asked. Really enjoyed washed down with a nice bottle of Vino. very enjoyable meal and night. Recommended.