“New Treats at The Square Kitchen”
Review of The Square Kitchen

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Square Kitchen
Cuisines: Cafe
Mullingar
“New Treats at The Square Kitchen”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I revisited The Square Kitchen on September 6th and was pleasantly surprised to see an array of new Sweet Treats on offer. There were the most imaginative muffins I have ever tried Blackberry & Apple, Courgette & Lime and Banana & Toffee to name a few. I had the Blackberry & Apple it was scrumptious. When I enquired I was told that the Blackberries were gathered the previous evening from the local hedgerows and the apples were from a local orchard. Apparently there is a new addition to the cooking staff Jane who is responsible for these wonderful creations. She is also a master of Sugar Craft and will create a most amazing cake for any special occasion you might be celebrating. There was one on display which was a sight to behold. I believe you can look her up on Facebook. Or better still visit the Square Kitchen and try the treats first hand. The Square Kitchen continues to maintain its regular menu is also very good and the standard of service is also excellent. This place is well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank VeronicaL495

Mullingar
“A friendly oasis with good home cooking and value for money”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I recently found myself in Mountbellew at midday and came across the Square Kitchen. It is an inviting colourful and friendly place and I understand it has recently been extended and updated. The menu ranges from wholesome lunches of meat potatoes and veg to salads, sandwiches and all day breakfasts. There is a good range of deserts plus an array of home baked produce. These include scones, tarts, fruit cakes and the likes. The staff are friendly and very helpful. There is a fast food outlet attached so if you would like a burger and chips instead of the healthy options you are well catered for. The place is clean and spacious with a unique decorative style. Its well worth a visit and won't break the bank. You can also take home some of the home baked produce. Should I find myself in that neck of the woods again I will certainly give it another visit.

• Visited November 2011