2,412 results
All reviewsdun laoghairesea viewhardy's bardart stationdublin baybeautiful hotelhardy barexecutive roomleisure centrean upgradeenjoyable staylovely roombar fooddublin airportspabrayireland
Reviewed November 16, 2015

We stayed here for one night while celebrating a friends birthday .. We has a lovely room with sea view.. staff were kind, helpful and seemed a happy lot... unlike other reviews we were warm, ( I need to feel warm to enjoy a stay anywhere ) and I did , we also enjoyed our breakfast... for those on holidays here, it is easy to reach Dublin City via the dart... a lovely place to stay if you want to be out of the City but near enough to travel there each day ...

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

Dear rudd1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel so much while celebrating your friends birthday.

Thank you for all of your nice comments about the hotel and our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dun Laoghaire again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2015

When you see the hotel on approach, you just say "WOW", it is stunning. With its grand entrance, you feel welcome straight away, the staff really can't do enough, and nothing is too much trouble. If you have a room with a sea view, you certainly won't be disappointed. The pool is lovely and the spa and treatments are amazing, a must do.
We never ate in the hotel, but the food looked really nice and the bar and staff were nice too. Go out of the back of the hotel and you're straight out into the town, with all it's shops. bars and restaurants in easy walking distance. A short walk away is the train station and a few stops down the line and you're in Dublin.
Totally enjoyed our stay here and can recommend to anyone, definitely a return visit for us.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends

Dear amjbmowf,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotell so much and thank you for all of your nice comments about the hotel and thank you for commenting on our hardworking staff also.

I hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us again soon at the Royal Marine in Dun Laoghaire.

Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

We have enjoyed three days here, with a beautiful room that has a view over the bay. The staff are really helpful, and will happily provide extra services such as phone booking a hairdresser. The area has everything we needed, and it is only 20 minutes by train from central Dublin. We would love to come here again.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Phillip E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your nice comments about your room and view across Dublin Bay and thank you for mentioning our friendly staff in your review also.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Dun Laoghaire and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2015

I stayed in this hotel for two days. Room was great, room service without a problem. Receptionist always friendly and smiling and breakfast was also OK. What I didn´t like was stuff of hotel restaurant. They were very slow and didn´t care about the customers at all. We waited for a drink for more than thirty minutes then we waited the same time for a check.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business

Dear Jeannieee,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your nice comments about your room and the breakfast served and thank you for commenting on the friendly and happy outlook of our staff at the reception desk. Thank you for your feedback about our restaurant staff also and I hope that we could discuss this directly if you would be so kind as to email me here at the hotel so that we may learn more about this aspect of your experience with us.

I hope to hear from you soon and I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon at the Royal Marine.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend for my 40 th birthday. Slightly disappointed not to get an upgrade , like many others seem to get but hey ho! Not our luck. Got a lovely room, with a sea view (paid for) . The bed was amazing, comfortable , lovely mattress and sheets and HUGE!
Was a bit disappointed about the telly , it appeared that you had to pay just to get some normal telly on? I only wanted to watch a bit of news - or have a music video! However I never got around to checking this , but it appeared it had to be paid for. Which is quite shocking.
We had dinner in the resturant on Friday night , in the main dining area , this meal was included in our package. The food was absolutely divine!!! I mean truly delicious. The service was great. The Hardy's bar was a lovely atomosphere and we just chilled out after the meal in the bar - it was really relaxing.
We took a Dart train to Dublin on Saturday , takes about 25 minutes and runs till 11:30PM.
WE ALSO used the Spa in the hotel which is very lovely.

Highly recommed. Not much around the area TBH , a few resturants and a town centre , which is nice. But you have to go to Dublin for proper shopping and an array of pubs.

The hotel has great architecture , very oldly worldy!! Lavish.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill-gill75
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2015

Dear Jill-gill75,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for choosing the hotel to celebrate your 40th birthday and I was delighted that you enjoyed your room experience and the food served in our restaurant and thank you for all of your nice comments about your overall experience in the hotel. I wish to assure you and all reviewers that payment is not required to access our television service in our rooms however we do have the facility for Movies On Demand to be viewed and these are chargeable if a guest wishes to access them.

Thank you for your review again and I hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again soon at the Royal Marine.