Stayed here with my partner for the weekend recently, and decided to upgrade to an executive room with a sea view and balcony. Got a lovely room on the 5th floor in a newish wing on the hotel, and had a beautiful view over Dun Laoghaire harbour.
Only when we started to look into things a bit deeper, did the cracks appear, literally. The balcony was covered in bird droppings from the many seagulls that land with a thud on the roof, so you can imagine the mess they leave, on the wood and glass of the balcony. On the wall behind the tv in the room was a sizeable crack in the wall, looks like a minor earthquake had hit. This sort of thing should be filled in and repainted, especially if you are with somebody who has a phobia about spiders and all things creepy crawlie.
There was a fridge in the room, and being an executive room, I at least expected a couple of bottles of water in it, but was left wanting in that department. A couple of other little things niggled me too. When our breakfast tray came up to the room, I was almost held to ransom for the €6 charge, because we had the cheek to pay for our room by cash, in ADVANCE. I wanted to watch a comedy film on the tv one of the nights, only €12.90 for the privelege, but alas it wasnt to be. They did not have a credit card swiped for us, and I couldnt be bothered going all the way round the hotel to hand over cash that could have waited till morning time.
Its the little things like this that bothers me in a hotel, and would quite probably influence whether I stay there again or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, Ireland - County Dublin