We got bought a one night stay as a present. On arrival the hotel does look a little worn from the outside, but once inside it is much nicer.
We got a free upgrade to a suite on the third floor which was a lovely surprise. The room itself was enormous and nicely decorated. The sofa and armchair were so soft to sink into. The bed was very comfortable.The bathroom was clean, but quite small and a little dated.
The hotel location was great for getting the dart into Dublin.
We didn't eat dinner in the hotel, but breakfast was very nice and service was good.
All summary, it was a great stay and we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, Ireland - County Dublin