This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel over the past 12 months, and that tells you I like it.
It is right on the sea front and my room (7th floor) looked out towards the sea. The room is new and well equipped, with free internet, comfortable king size bed and a nice bathroom.
Free wired internet in the room. Restaurant/bar has quite a limited menu with fish and chips, Irish stew and a few other standard dishes (although the fish and chips was excellent). The usual fizzy beers from Smithwicks and a range of lagers and of course Guinness.
Only negative, and its not really under the control of the hotel, from my room I had a great view of a building site which did start work at 7.30 in the morning with some hammer-drill. Not a big issue for me, I was up and about by then, but would be annoying if you expected a long lie in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, Ireland - County Dublin