Royal Marine Hotel
Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa(Dun Laoghaire)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Orbitz.com
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
$139
$126
Hotels.com
$160
$140
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
$263
The Beacon(Sandyford)
$144
$121
Haddington House(Dun Laoghaire)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,271 results
All reviewsdun laoghairesea viewhardy's bardart stationdublin baybeautiful hotelhardy barexecutive roomleisure centrean upgradeenjoyable staylovely roombar fooddublin airportspabrayireland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Royal Marine overlooks Dublin bay with a spectacular view - if you get a seaside room. Otherwise you look at a business building, grey concrete, blinded windows in some 10m distance from your two small windows. Standard room is narrow, well equiped, selection of TV programmes is small, breakfast is good (try to get a table at the window).
If you like a really traditional Irish hotel (with a touch of royal) than this is the right place (if you get a good room)

Room Tip: Ask at check in about your room - they offer upgrades
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter M
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Peter M,

Than you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your comments on the hotel and if you wish to discuss your stay with me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at aryan@royalmarine.ie or at the hotel directly. We do have a great demand for our seaview rooms which are available for a small supplement which we certainly feel is excellent value for money and can be booked in advance or at reception on check in depending on availability.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Royal Marine for a week on business. A lovely hotel, just off the seafront. The staff were warm and welcoming, the room was huge with a super king size bed which made for a nice change.

The rooms and hotel are clean and well presented. However, if you stay in the room for any period of time during the day, be prepared for several knocks on the door. deliveries of different towels/ bathmats arrive at different times after the room has been cleaned.

Breakfast has a large selection of fresh fruits, pastries and cereals as well as the full English breakfast. The service was efficient and the staff are willing to accommodate dietary needs but on the odd occasion I think those with English as a second language didn't understand a couple of requests but these were sorted very effectively.

For business, the conference rooms are well sized and refreshments constantly re stocked. Really lovely venue for meetings.

For pleasure, the gym is small but very well equipped. The pool is lovely but I made the mistake of going just before children were allowed in (check times before if you want a peaceful or fitness lane swim) The sauna was laid out nicely but wasn't very hot but the steam room was divine.

Hardy's bar within the hotel does surprisingly pleasant food for a hotel. Lovely fresh salads and good variety of dishes on top of the usual steak and chips type options.

I would happily recommend this hotel to business travellers, for people visiting the area, Dun Laoghaire didn't seem to have much to see and do, but the centre of Dublin is only 25 mins on the Dart which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor! Much quieter than everywhere else in the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FoodLoverBucks

Dear FoodLoverBucks,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review on the hotel following your recent stay with us. I was really delighted to read all of your positive comments on the hotel and I sincerely hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us again soon.

We hope to welcome you back to the Royal Marine Hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend just gone and my Fiance and I were delighted with it! This was our 4th stay here and it is one of the hotels where we feel that we can relax. The food was fantastic! And the Chef even went to the trouble of making me pancakes when I asked for it on my breakfast room service card (cheeky I know! But they delivered!!) Thank you to Aidan who made the booking for us and also to Barry on the Front Desk for giving us a complimentary late checkout, it was really appreciated!! Thanks also to Amy (I think that's her name for her help also) We will be back and we can't wait! One thing I noticed was how welcoming and friendly that staff are, they are exceptional! Very hard to come by in any hotel nowadays. Great weekend of good food and relaxation! And the best beds EVER for a great 2 nights of sleep!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CorkDenise23,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to assist you with your booking and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel so much. Thank you for highlighting all of the positive aspects of your stay especially your comments on our staff and how your special request for pancakes was handled.

I look forward to sharing this feedback with our hardworking team and I hope that you will have an opportunity soon to visit us again for your 5th stay in the hotel!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Lovely comfortable hotel with friendly efficient staff. Five minutes walk from the Dart to Dublin. Short distance from Dalkey and Bray by the Dart. Plenty of complimentary parking when you stay here which we found better than staying in Dublin and paying for parking. Easy access to motorway and shopping centres. If you don't want to eat in the hotel then plenty of eateries within a few minutes walk. The bedroom was comfortably furnished however we found it too warm at night despite turning off the heating.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryrus

Dear Maryrus,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor I was delighted to read that you would love to stay in the hotel again having enjoyed this visit as much as you did. Thank you for highlighting some of the positive aspects of your stay and i hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Nice big rooms, beautiful pool! Had Sundays brunch which was absolutely excellent!
We visited Dublin, so you have to take a cab or train (which is really simple) to get to the town.
Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Ivlka,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon in Dublin.