“Great meal every time!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've been to Tribes 3 times in the last year and it's been brilliant every time. Even with a ceoliac in the party the food selection was brilliant. Can't fault the place at all, great value.

2  Thank Jan H

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I live just up the road from Tribes and it's a frequent Sunday evening meal spot. The menu is caters to most tastes and the specials change every day. A particular favorite is roast poussin with roasted carrots and potatoes and gravy, comes on a wooden serving board, perfect sunday dinner! Also well worth a try is the turkish delight ice cream, if it's on. The staff are really friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The decor is warm and cosy. The wine list comprehensive; house wines are served by the glass, the carafe or the bottle and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Nobble
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have eaten in this restaurant at least 20 times and never had a bad experience.There is a nice atmosphere here and you are well looked after whether you are in for a quick early bird or as a group. Good value definetly.

2  Thank maire_10
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We usually go to Tribes for family celebrations. The owner is a really nice guy who personally advises on the menu and usually makes great recommendations. The pate is always lovely and the small atmosphere is nice. We have always sat for a while over our meal and never felt rushed. Good value for moeny with a good two or three course option - I like that option as you dont feel you ahve to get desert to get good value. Nice sized portions and a good wine listz

1  Thank Bellekirstin
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Over the last 4 years I would estimate that we have been to Tribes at least 20 times if not more. We travel quite a bit and are both big "foodies" and are always interested to try the local cuisine and wine of the towns we visit. I can honestly say that Tribes (which is local to us) is right up there with the best restaurants we have been to in France, Spain and Italy. The menu changes regularly and the Head Chef makes great use of seasonal produce. It is consistantly of high standard and in the many times we have been we have never had a bad meal. On our most recent visit I had the stone bass with onion puree which was absolutely gorgeous, they really know how to cook fish well here and the sauce doesn't overwhelm the fish which is quite rightly the star of the plate. My friend had the special of the day, cod with a red pepper sauce which again was cooked to perfection. For dessert we shared a lime panacotta with warm caramelised pineapple. I don't have a sweet tooth so don't often go for dessert but this was truly one of the best dishes I have tried in a long time, heavenly blend of tangy lime, coconut and a thin crispy layer of caramel, I wish I had the recipe! Service is always pleasant, efficient and friendly. If you haven't been yet I would strongly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank whiskysour