“Cool....”

Ophira Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dun Laoghaire
Ophira Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 20 Dun Laoghaire B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2011

What I appreciated most about my stay here for two nights in July was how I took for granted that I was being looked after . I found no reason to doubt that my hosts had my best interests at heart . I was travelling on my own and didn't need to be overwhelmed with bright jolly banter . I got what I paid for in spades a comfortable bed in a bright airy room and a big hello and a delicious breakfast . All that I have left to do is say thank you and would recommend this hostelry to anybody except the mean spirited !
Jim in Australia

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Wonderful hosts. Immaculate and huge room (we had a triple room). Marvelous shower. Delicious breakfast. Very quiet and safe area. Very convenient to transportation into Dublin. (DART rail is just a few minutes walking distance. Dublin is about 20 minutes easy and inexpensive DART ride away). Beautiful B&B in a lovely town. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MSM75
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I've travelled on my own and spend in Ophira' B&B 3 lovely nights.
The room ( the one I got was n°3) was very warm, nice and provided with all the things you might need. ( wi-fi connection included). The house is just beautiful, with a spacious sitting-room where you can relax watching TV o just reading one of the books and guides of the library. John & Cathy are very nice and helpful.
I'd recommend this B&B to anyone who wants to spend some days in Dublin

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Stayed here for a night for a nearby interview. The owner was chatty and very accomodating. Breakfast was perfect. Great location. Comfy Rooms. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed at Ophira on 2 seperate 2 night stays during our trip to Ireland. Dun Laoghire was central to Dublin (about 30 minutes on the train, same in the car) and Ophira is a 10 minute walk from downtown and the train and bus stations.

We stayed in the family suite. The room had a very nice shower with instant hot water, which was very nice for our family of 4. The beds were old but comforable and the furnishings and the room had a charming atmosphere with plenty of space for storing our clothes.

The breakfast was served by John and Cathy and we really enjoyed the full menu. The eggs and sausage were wonderful and both John and Cathy were very accomodating in making sure we had some breakfast before we headed out to the airport at 6 am the day we departed.

The only problem we had with Ophira is the same problem in all of Ireland's cities...parking! Other than that we thought the B&B was a wonderful, quiet place to stay. The other guests we met were from the US and France and were all eager to talk about their travels in Ireland and other places.

We highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank buddestravels
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed in a small room at the top of Ophira for 6 nights while we attended a workshop nearby. The room was quiet, though and well kept. Dun Laoghaire was convenient for our business, but turned out to be a lovely seaside town as well. We got down to the harbor every evening for a walk and found lovely views and a peaceful atmosphere. By the way, there is an excellent Italian restaurant down on the waterfront, Toscana, that we would recommend. A nice change from the ubiquitous pub dinners we suffered through the rest of the time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank yogageezer
Reviewed July 7, 2009

The day before our vacation (and about a week before our arrival at Ophira), one of the friends on my trip broke her foot. Despite this, we found getting to and from Dun Laoghaire (think "dun leary") to Dublin easy--John was even kind enough to suggest we take one Dart station to Dublin (downhill) and another on the way home (one stop farther, but a flatter walk home). I vastly preferred staying in Dun Laoghaire to staying in Dublin.

The location of Ophira itself was wonderful. We were within walking distance (even for the chick with the cane and walking cast) to several nice pubs and eating establishments, a lovely park, and bay, the DART and a host of other conveniences, including a laundry, pharmacy, etc.

John and Cathy were very kind and interested in how we were doing and if we needed anything. John in particular was quite gregarious and offered great suggestions for getting around town and taking in some less well-known entertainment.

As a group of three, we were in one of the family rooms. Fairly basic, but spacious, the bathroom is small, but all three of us were able to take showers with no shortage of hot water. Breakfast was yummy every day, and on our day of departure, we had to leave indecently early. They made sure to leave us out some fruit, croissants and yogurt. Kind people invested in guests having a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends