“Good For the Port of Dun Laoghaire”

Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dun Laoghaire
Reviewed January 1, 2007

A really nice modern hotel with safe free parking that is just five or ten minutes drive from the port of Dun Laoghaire, thanks to Stena my departure was moved to Dublin Port, not so handy but not the Hotels fault.
Buses are regular from the stop out side the hotel going in to Dun Laoghaire town and Dublin City centre.
It is further from Dun Laoghaire town centre than I was expecting in a residential area, not really a problem as the hotel bar is nice and although I did not have any the food looked good.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BigGav

Reviewed November 3, 2006

My Wife and I stayed here with our young baby for what was to be two nights at the end of october, We only stayed the one night for a number of reasons, The main being that this is not really a hotel for families with young children.

On booking the hotel I had asked for a travel cot in the room, I had to ask more than twice for the cot when we arrived in the hotel. When it did arrive the hotel staff member more or less threw it inthe door and ran for fear she would have to set it up, No Sheets no additional blankets for the cot were provided.

The lobby of the hotel is quite small so there isn't much room to sit down for a drink if you have a buggy or pram, The bar is lovely but as we all know you have got to be out by 9pm if you have children.

On the plus side the room was very nice, food was lovely in the bar and the leisure centre made the stay worth while.

We ended up switching to the Lynch Green Isle hotel on the Nass road which was a much more Child friendly experience but not without its faults.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank Charlie_Boswell
Reviewed September 9, 2006

It was my first holiday break with my lovely boyfrind richard! It's very quiet and has a lovely pool and steamroom. The staff on reception are just excellent and the food in the hotel is'nt that bad either. If you do stay here it's best to rent a car or get a taxi to dalkey as we really enjoyed it there as there's only a few shops near by the hotel. The city centre of Dublin was lovely but do keep hold of you hand bag due to it can be quite rough. This Hotel was the best i've ever stayed in!!! 10/10!!! Give it a try you'll love it there!!!

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank clairet12
Reviewed February 15, 2006

I stayed at this hotel more by luck, having lost the ferry back to the UK. I'm rather glad I missed it now. The hotel itself is about 5 minutes from the ferry port in Dun Loghaire.

The room was comfortable and had everything I wanted. There was one double bed and one single bed, TV, tea/coffee and a free bottle of spring water.

There was a great bar in the hotel, and a good atmosphere there.

The breakfast was excellent. I had a full Irish breakfast and a read of the complimentary morning paper.

Overall it is a great hotel that I would definately go back to (next time by booking in advance!!).

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank HVJones
Reviewed October 27, 2005

You definitely get more for your money when you stay outside Dublin centre, lovely rooms, quiet, nice bar and good service. Jump on a no.7 bus when you want to go to Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank Mildman
Reviewed August 19, 2005

Having returned home following a 3 day break at the Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Leisure Club I felt compelled to tell trip advisor about my fantastic expereience there........ The room was super - comfortable bed, spacious and great value.... Breakfast was included in the price which was served hot, fresh and tasty.......... The leisure club is great - not too crowded with very friendly staff..... Overall the food was of a very high standard complimented by pleasant and helpful employees... I found the location to be very good - easily accessible from both the M50 and Dublin City Centre.
Dun Laoghaire is a happening place and wel woth aq visit. Thank you Rochestown Lodge for such a wonderful stay........

• Stayed: August 2005
9  Thank matthew08
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2005

This is a beautiful, 4 star hotel. The price, at 55 Euro per person, reflected the 4 star quality. We stayed here for one night and yes, it was luxurious, and beautiful. However, the staff were not.

First off, the key to our room kept going bad, and we had to continually go back to reception to get them to reset it. Reception actually appeared put off by this extra burden, and at one point they told us that this was the "last time" they would reset our key. As though it were our fault that the key stopped opening the door to our room?

The restaurant is very pricey, so please, if you need to save money, eat elsewhere. There is a fixed price menu of 30 Euro per person, and you get a starter, a main course, and dessert. A la carte, main entrees are 20 Euro and up.

The next morning, we needed a third set of towels, as we had a party of three but there were only two sets of towels in the room. I called reception and asked for towels, was told that the maid would bring them straight away. The two of us who were early risers had used the existing towels, so we went to breakfast while the third person waited for his towels to arrive. I returned from breakfast to find him still waiting for the towels, so I called reception again but was put on hold...for 15 minutes. I hung up, and tried to re-dial, but was still connected to reception, and couldn't dial out. Finally I had to walk all the way to reception to ask about the towel, and was told again that the maid would bring it right away. 15 minutes later, fed up with the promised towels that never appeared, I went in search of a maid to ask for a towel from the cleaning cart. Found the supply room and was able to get towels there, and my companion was finally able to shower. Checkout time is noon, and by then, the promised towels had still not arrived.

Again, the rooms are lovely, the hotel is lovely, the shower had great water pressure...but the staff were horrible.

• Stayed: May 2005
Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
#1 of 1 in Leopardstown
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!