“Love this hotel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dun Laoghaire
cork
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We love this hotel for its value its service it's pool and last but not least its bar and restaurant food.
You will not fault this hotel for all the above and it's easy access to Dublin and dundrum shopping centre.
It's value for money for food is amazing, the bar and restaurant food are second to none.
Book this for couples and family you won't regret it.
The Dunlea family cork

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Isaacki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Booked a night here as had an early job interview in the capital. Attended with my girlfriend cost €95 for b+b for the 2 of us which wasnt to bad.
Check in lady gave us horrible directions which made us late checking in. Card is charged straight away if visa debit as they cant handle them apparantly which is annoying. Went for dinner that evening not many people around in the dining room. 2 waitresses were sitting down chatting when we arrived. Dinner I must say was tremendous very tasty. Kudos to the chefs.
Breakfast was ok. The fry up was more like a plate of grease couldnt finish it.
Next morning we got a call from the receptionist that we had to vacate which was quite snippy. When we got down she then asked us our room despite just calling us and knowing who we were not the nicest person.
Overall good experience although could do better.

1 Thank SMinihane
cork Ireland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week-end in the Rochestown Lodge, 10th-13th May. We have stayed in many Hotels in the D4 area in recent months as my husband has had a lot of hospital appointments in Dublin and we are from CORK. Some of these Hotels were indeed 4* and absolutely NONE can compare to the ROCHESTOWN LODGE. From the second we arrived at the Reception to check-in we met nothing but courtesy-thank you Rachel. The room we were allocated was both spacious and in a quiet area of the Hotel along with being spotlessly clean, serviced each day by a lovely lady. Nothing was too much to ask - all Staff were both friendly and helpful , especially the lovely gentleman named Dave who served our breakfast each morning with such friendliness and consideration. Speaking of Breakfast ( and lunch and Dinner which we also sampled over the week-end) the food here at the Rochestown Lodge is simply divine. Who ever the Chef(s) is , please give him/her a bonus......the nicest food we have had in any Restaurant in a VERY LONG TIME. Also, must mention the very nice Senior Lady who was on duty at Reception on Sat morning 11th May . She went out of her way to help me locate a "Great Outdoors" branch in Dublin - so kind of her to take such time and effort to Google it for me and she was so very pleasant. Whatever Management is doing to train Staff in PR , should be "sold" to other Hotels right across Dublin and indeed across the whole Country . Rochestown Lodge has got it so right. Can't wait to get back for another break !!!

Room Tip: We found our room on the Ground FLOOR TO BE PERFECT.
1 Thank ballymaccorkIreland
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Myself and my husband and another couple stayed at this hotel during the May bank holiday and we all had a really enjoyable stay. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good and the leisure facilities were excellent. We have a lovely quiet room and really enjoyed the break. We visited Dun Laoghaire Centre which was not too far away and we visited plenty of good bars and Restaurants. We got an excellent rate for our 2 Day Break and would recommend this break to anyone who is looking for a relaxing weekend.

1 Thank magskilkenny
Hanslope, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I arrived at around 3pm Monday the 22nd of April. My first impression was completely ruined by the most obnoxious receptionist I have ever encountered. When I arrived I was the only person in reception. She was on the phone (It was obviously a friend and not a customer). She glanced at me the continued her conversation without any acknowledgment of my presence. I stepped away from the reception to allow her to finish and looked at some paintings. When I turned around she had moved in to the back office and taken the phone with her. When she did eventually finish she returned to the computer on the reception desk and still without looking at me shouts “NAME”. I replied with my name and she shouts “NAME” again! Once she had my name and confirmed booking she handed me a key and said my room number and just stared at me, there was no explanation of where there room was or where the restraint was or any of the standard curtsies I have come to expect of hotels.
The rest of the staff were fine and the room was ok and the food was very good but the only lasting impression I am left with is of that horrible woman.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Noel O
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were ataying elsewhere and after a dreadful breakfast asked family to recommend somewhere for dinner.
They suggested this hotel on the outskirts of Dublin (at Killiney. It used to be the Hotel Victor) , and we met them there. We were'nt disappointed. Food is fresh and flavourfull, the menu not huge , but giving a good choice, and service is very good.
Excellent value and a nice location on the outskirts of the city. We'll stay there next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Freddie1955
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Myself and 3 friends stayed in this hotel in April 2013 for a relaxing weekend. (we are all very easy going, laid back & generally would not post a review because we are usually happy but felt this hotel deserved a review)
we were disappointed from the very minute we walked into reception on our first day - the receptionist was in no way friendly or approachable and when we queried the price she was charging us she was more than rude in her response.
the rooms were nice enough but there was bodily hairs in two of the beds and the covers didnt even fit properly. the tv's had one station only. (on the plus side the accommodation staff were very nice and helpful)
The staff in the bar and restaurant were hit and miss - some very nice and some not so nice.
but the food was gorgeous, both in the bar and restaurant, we couldnt find fault with it.
There was one middle aged gentleman working in the bar who made up for the ignorance of all the other staff & we would highly rate him.
We spent a few hours on the saturday in the spa. really enjoyed the day & the girls were lovely.
great treatments and good value for money.
Upon checking out we discovered that the manner of the receptionist we encountered when we checked in wasnt a once off - they were all rude!!
When handing back the room keys we were neither greeted nor thanked for our stay (we paid our b&b on arrival & paid for food and treatments etc during our stay)
When we went out to our car we discovered the whole side had been scratched (intentionally) so we went back inside to bring it to the attention of the reception staff. As expected, based on their previous manner, they had no interest and basically shrugged their shoulders and wondered between themselves (while ignoring us at the counter) if any other cars "had been touched"
The hotel displays no signage to state "parked at owners liability" etc but this was the line they told us, so when we mentioned this wasnt stated anywhere they said "well it should be out there somewhere"
When we inquired about cctv they said it would take a while to download & would contact us by the end of the day - 6 days later and still no call from them
Not very good customer service We wont be returning and wont be recommending to any friends or family

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
#1 of 1 in Stillorgan
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,539 reviews

Been to Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!