Gosh, where do I start: hair in drain, shabby décor, dirty, poor toiletry provisions. All they have in way of toiletries is a wall-mounted shower gel dispenser filled with Imperial Leather shower gel for the bathtub and a wall-mounted a soap dispenser filled with antibacterial soap for the sink. That's it. I tried washing my hair. Spent eons pumping away at the shower gel dispenser trying to get enough to be able to wash my hair. My hair was till greasy and dirty after using the Imperial Leather shower gel. I asked for some proper toiletries at reception and said that is the standard they apply. I had to go out to buy toiletries so that I could clean myself!! For the price of the place you expect a bit more. I've stayed in places for the same price where you at least have some decent products. They obviously don't mind their patrons at Kingston Hotel going around all smelly and unclean. Talking of which, they was dust in the room, hair in the drain. On the tables in the rooms they had covered them with custom-cut glass, one of which was damaged revealing a serrated edge - not very health and safety orientated. Breakfast was alright.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the seafront in Dun Laoghaire, The Haddington has panoramic views of Dublin Bay. Originally four Georgian townhouses the hotel began its life as Haddington House, a finishing school for girls, before being converted into a hotel in the 1950s. We are continuing to develop the hotel property but in keeping with the unique heritage of the building. Our fifty en suite bedrooms have flat screen multi-channel TV's, free WiFi, Nespresso coffee machines, digital radios, hair dryers and filtered still and sparkling water. Our newer 'Classic' and 'Deluxe' rooms also come with an in-room safe, a mini fridge stocked with fresh milk, as well as a complimentary Irish Times. Most of the rooms in these categories also have spectacular sea views. The location is hard to beat with Dun Laoghaire DART station just a 5-minute walk away which provides regular rail connections to Dublin's city centre. The Aviva Stadium and the RDS can be reached after a 10-minute DART rail journey. If you're staying in the area, we have partnered up with a number of local businesses so guests can enjoy discounts on activities. The beautiful village of Dalkey is a short trip down the coast and is great for an afternoon's ramble. Directly opposite us is the historic east pier which was built especially for the arrival of Queen Victoria in 1900. Around the corner is the National Maritime Museum and the James Joyce Tower made famous by Ulysses is just a 5-minute walk away. If you fancy a dip, we'll supply you with towels for a visit to the well known swimming spot, the 40 foot (beware of the seals!). In the hotel lobby you can kick back with a coffee or sip cool cocktails in our new Lobby Bar or you might like to dine in Oliveto, our popular Italian restaurant with an amazing view (booking highly recommended). There's also two unique events spaces: The Library Bar and Oak Room, and a buzzy garden overlooking the sea complete with a Hut Bar. We look forward to welcoming you to The Haddington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HostelWorld, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Haddington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Hotel dún Laoghaire
- The Haddington Dun Laoghaire, Ireland - County Dublin