Haddington House
Royal Marine Hotel(Dun Laoghaire)
$161
$129
Agoda.com
$112
$108
Hotels.com
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
$135
$107
$127
$124
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
$136
The Beacon(Sandyford)
$131
$117
Hotels.com
All reviewsdun laoghairesea viewnespresso machinedublin baydart stationbeer gardenirish sealovely hotelreception areasmoking areaeast pierlovely roombreakfast was excellentlight sleeperstayed here for one nightfew minutes walkbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night here, there is a small car park on the next street with 8 spaces for the hotel. My room was like a room in Blackpool in the 80's. light fixtures over the bed would fall off if you touched them, only one door would open on the wardrobe. Small toilet with shower that you need to run for 20 min to heat up. There were cracked floor tiles and cobwebs on the walls. The bed was very clean and comfortable. I can safely say the breakfast was the worst thing I have ever eating or tried to eat. The eggs were like door stoppers sausages were the cheapest you can get beans were days old no fresh coffee or tea. One of the staff seemed to like his though cause he was standing at the bar eating his fry as I came in. There was plates with sliced ham that was starting to dry out from being left out in a warm room. I had to go looking for a staff member to ask for sauce and when I found one then had to wait for him to Finnish his story about a night out he was having with an other staff member. All in all my room should only be worth half of what I payed and they need to take a bit of pride in the cooking. Lovely views from front rooms and breakfast room. Oh and breakfast is €12 and not €10 like they advertise in there room info pack.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jonathanf874
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My stay here was arranged for me and seeing past reviews I was rather concerned. However I try to make my own mind up ... so my review is based on my experience.

Efficient check in with a large room allocated on the first floor. No view (well a view of a wall) as it was at the back ... this was not a problem for me as I arrived around 6pm and went after breakfast. Parking was available for me in the hotel car park but this is quite a small car park. Street parking is possible on a first come basis, and is free between 19:00 and 08:00. You'd need to check in first to find out about the car park which is accessed from another road and needs a code for entry. There was some noise during the evening from the area below my room (kitchens doors I think) but it was quiet overnight. The DART railway runs past say 50m from the front of the hotel and may/may not cause noise for rooms overlooking the harbour (which is an excellent view). Free WiFi which seemed to be reliable and a decent speed.

The room and bathroom was clean throughout and tea/coffee making facilities were available. Breakfast was ... a hotel breakfast - nothing special. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff at reception and in the restaurant at breakfast.

Convenient location if arriving by ferry to Dun Laoghaire (half a mile along the promenade).

Summary ... for 1 night passing through ... entirely adequate but nothing to write home about. I'd want a better view if I was staying any longer.

Room Tip: A room at the front will have a good view ... at the back it's a view of a wall or other houses.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Colin-Poole
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Arrived about 7pm on a sunny Tuesday evening as a group of 13 bikers. Check in was very efficient and the owner moved his car so we could all park together in the car park.
The hotel has a lovely beer garden at the front looking out to sea.
The rooms are a little dated but clean and a good size.
We didn’t eat at the hotel, but the restauraunt looked busy and popular.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had 1nite stay on5june.last minute booking.hotel situated in stunning location opposite harbour and pier.hotel receptionist was surly and unfriendly (from chezk republic).not a good start hotel needs major painting and upgrading.room ok but v dated.nice bathroom.stunning view.creaky flooring all over.bar staff friendly.should be working in reception.will not return.should be 1star b and b.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Don't spend all your money staying in Dublin. Stay in Dun Laoghaire instead. Our room had beautiful ocean view, comfortable beds and quiet. Dublin is a day trip, access by train, bus or taxi. Restaurant downstairs only has full Irish or cold cuts for breakfast (Who eats five different meats for breakfast?) but it's lovely for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 328CM
kingston123Dublin, Front Office Manager at Haddington House, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Its so nice to see the area of Dun Laoghaire appreciated for what it is, close to the city centre to pop in and out as you wish but far enough away to enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere.

With regard to breakfast there are several options available for those not wishing to avail of the cooked breakfast, like freshly made porridge, selection of cereals, fruits, fruit juices and yoghurts.

Sinéad