“excellant food”

Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

first time I have dined in this restaurant and I really was impreessed
As myself and husband eat out most weekends we like to try diffirent
Restaurants apart from the old reliable so everything about Bistro One
Was excellant I had really tasty duck while my Husband had fillet steak
Both were very tasty and gd presentation
Would also like to mention the brown bread was very good which I beleive
Is made on premises
If there was any downside was that we were charged 10% on our bill which
I hope is for the staff

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Mark Shannon has brought all his experience to bear to make Bistro One a place that survived the tough economic times by the age old qualities od service, quality and value for money. I have eaten here on average 40 times a year for the last four years and cannot remember a bad experience. Simply put it is great but it is exactly what it aspires to be and is neither pretentious in menu items nor extravagant in price.
It has the family run feel in the presence of Mark and daughter Kate but every stff member from the kitchen to the front of house has bought in to the standards of its owners.
Try it and I dare you to prove me wrong!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This fabulous restaurant owned and run by the wonderfully charismatic and seasoned restaurateur, Mark Shannon. Its almost a restaurant for 'the locals' in this up market and affluent South County Dublin village. And Mark has been here in this comfortably intimate upstairs classic for almost as many years as 'the locals'.
The menu is wide enough to give you a wide choice of starters, mains and afters. The prices will leave you feeling that you got value although not cheap if you want to wash down the wonderful food with a bottle or two of wine. But don't get me wrong, the wines are also well priced with a mark-up just enough to give the Owner a living !!
No matter what dish you choose I think you will feel you got enough .... but not too much. And given that you are in one of Dublin's most expensive property districts, the prices are surprisingly modest. Again !!!
Those 'attending' this fine experience are of all ages, although you will find many (again) locals use it as an alternative to cooking at home. And can afford to !! It is advisable to book. Particularly at the weekend. You are also, if you were in the know, capable of 'people watching' and I am sure lots of 'gossip' got traded in the restaurant over the years.
Really worth a visit if you want to escape the city centre restaurants and see some of wonderful South County Dublin

1  Thank David M
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Love this small, intimate and very popular bistro located in Foxrock, south county Dublin. It's a real jewel of a restaurant servicing many locals with simply stunning food boasting quality ingredients all the way. As well as providing great food, they offer carafes of wine in different measures so you can sample a glass or two of your favourite tipples...! Theyve also created a small bar area where you can pop in and have quick glass and/or a plate. I've been many times, and am looking forward to returning end of May. Reservations a must!

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

So delighted we we were given a voucher for here at Xmas and went for dinner this evening. Placed our for order and our wine order at the same time and 20 mins later our starter arrived but no wine. Had to call a waitress to remind her that we ordered wine. When the wine arrived we asked for a bottle of water which to be honest usually arrives with the bread or u are at least asked of u want any water when they bring the bread (not tonight). Believe it or not we waited another 20 mins for the the water. And to top it off they charged is a service charge of 10% for two people which is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned. Service charge should only be applied for 6 or more.....NOT good going back.

4  Thank jenny p