“Good standard at a fair price”
Review of Rasam Restaurant

Rasam Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Rasam Restaurant excels at serving consistent quality food served in a creative but authentic Indian style. We pride ourselves on our fresh ingredients including Indian spices that are mixed, roasted & ground daily at Rasam Restaurant. We very much consider hospitality to be much more than just a social formality. Visit us and enjoy the dishes we present with great pride.
Hampshire
“Good standard at a fair price”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good service. A better than average standard of food. Good menu choice with one or two unusual dishes. Prices not to bad, being about the same as England.
Stairs a little steep but should be ok for most people
Managed to get seated on a Saturday without booking :)
If I lived local I would eat here from time to time , its not fantastic but I think the quality and service would be very reliable.

1 Thank Wolflinn

• Polish first
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Great food but not cheap”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very nice restaurant up a steepish set of stairs. The tables were comfortable and not cramped. The food was excellent, authentic and very tasty but, I would say, more expensive than Indian food of similar quality in the UK.

1 Thank Ollerbarrow
Dublin, Ireland
“The hidden jewel in Glasthule - contd.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A follow-on from my last review. Since then I've been back to Rasam on a number of occasions from entertaining some of my relations from Australia who are strictly vegan to another night that I named 'My last Supper'. It was the night before I went into Hospital for quite a serious operation. On the night of this occasion Nisheeth the owner of Rasam heard word that I was heading into hospital, he couldn't have been nicer to myself and my wife. On leaving the restaurant that night Nisheeth gave me his mobile number details and said that if I was sick of hospital food he would drop a Rasam meal into me. Where do you get service like this nowadays?
Just last Friday myself and my wife arranged to kick-off St Patrick's weekend with a meal on the Friday night, again Nisheeth pick-up on a suggestion I had made on their facebook page when they asked on how they could improve their menu. I suggested a mixed food curry. To my amazement when we went along on Friday the chef had nipped across the road to Cavistons, a well know fish shop and gourmet food delicatessen and sourced a selection of fresh fish and shell fish for this curry that he cooked up especially for me. It was absolutely delicious.

As you can see the customer is King in Rasam hence it lives up to my original quote of 'The Hidden Jewel in Glasthule' a place to go to for any occasion

Aquitaine, France
“Superb indian food”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Not only great food but also a wide selection of quite unusual dishes i have never had before

The duck rolls with tamarind sauce were excellent. The lamb curry sealed with a lid of bread to keep the lusciousness in was a revelation

The service was mainly excellent just let down by shortages in the wine supply. The wines we did get were very good

Ireland
“Best Indian food ever”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Love this restaurant. Unlike many other Indian places, not too salty. Only downside is it's hard to get a booking at 8pm.

Visited March 2014