“Great Chinese resataurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having recently eaten in Wongs in Clontarf I gave this a go on my own before a concert. Again, I have eaten here many times and prefer it to the other one inside.

I have never had a bad meal here and this was no different. It has a nice feel and the staff are very attentive. Up there with my favourite Chinese restaurants anywhere.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Felt I had to write a review on this restaurant. for the price 25 euro a head set menu(don't be fooled by the 16.95 set menu only rice, noodles and veg, which is a side order in my book) .D'ont know what the big fuss about the food is. Iv had better at my local takeaway. As for the service,i'v seen happier and more polite people in a funeral home.The desert was a joke. No choice, only two scoops of aldi icream.I certainly would not return to this restaurant as there are much nicer and cheaper chinese restaurants to visit in Dublin.I would give this one a big thumbs down.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We always go to Wong's at 436 Clontarf Rd Dublin 3,returning every time we stay at the Hilton airport hotel. we have been going consistently for the last few years, the food was always excellent and the service good.
on our last visit a few days ago we were very disappointed with the quality of the food. two of our party had sweet and sour chicken, to say the least the chicken seem more like from an old hen, one of the party ate very little of her dish.
I know we should have complained but we choose not to as sometimes it gives the impression that we want something for nothing,. The sad thing is we will not go back to this establishment.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you are missing Wongs of Ranelagh due to the unfortunate fire in January 2013, may I suggest that you head to Wongs of Castleknock, where you will see some familiar friendly faces. Favorites include aromatic duck, yuk sung, smoked chicken, beef in black bean, beef with ginger and spring onion, sweet and sour chicken, salt and pepper prawns and black sole sasha style. Have yet to find better chinese food in Ireland. Delicious food and excellent service.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

A group of us went here just after Christmas to escape the monotony of Turkey and Ham for a 5th night in a row. We had a set menu as there was 8 of us. We started with Aromatic duck and the main courses were Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef, Beef with Black Bea, Chicken with Cashew Nuts and Black Sole. ALl of the food was absolutely delicious. The service however was really really slow. We never had our wine topped up and when we asked for more wine or more rice we had to chase every single time. Was sad to hear about the fire a few days later.