“good food!”

Acapulco
Ranked #413 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“good food!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ate here with a party of 7 last week. We were going to go for the 20 euro early bird but i think everyone ended up eating from the main menu anyway. the service was fast and efficient, and the food good and tasty, the margritas werent the best,but still went down well. I was a bit upset that i had no room for dessert as the girls said the fried icecream was amazing. will definatly be back.

• Visited February 2013

• Slovak first
“Glad I didn't read the reviews before going!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner on a recent trip to Dublin after being tempted by an ad in a magazine at my hotel. Got in about 530 on a Tuesday and there were already about 5 tables full. Was promptly greeted by waiter who was nice and allowed me to pick a table.
The place itself has a nice low lit vibe going on, I feel I was more able to take it all in being on my own.
I was immediately brought a water, which more restaurants should do before you place your drink order.
Had the quesadillas for starter which were gorgeous. For mains I had the vegetable chimichanga which impressed my palette just as much if not more than the starter.
Service was top notch and very quick. The restaurant also filled up quite quickly while I was there.
16 euros for a lovely dinner since I availed of the early bird menu. Didn't have room for dessert unfortunately!

Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had an evening meal at Acapulco during a trip to Dublin last Easter. The service was fantastic, the food was gorgeous and the margaritas were amazing! A great experience in every way! We are visiting Dublin again in April this year and will definitely be eating here.

Visited April 2012
“Good food, service needs sharpening!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to visit Acapulco on our recent trip to Dublin. We were a little hesitant to do this having read the by mixed reviews on Trip advisor, but liked the look of the restaurant, the menu and had a Mexican craving! We were seated pretty quickly without a reservation on new years eve despite the restaurant appearing busy. Initial service was very good, with menus brought to us and drinks orders taken, then things started to go array!

The food was very good and we can not fault that - we shared the nachos for starter then ordered the chicken burrito and chicken enchilada which was all very tasty and reasonable (though not huge) portions and well priced. We also had the deep fried ice cream for dessert which was delicious!

Our main issue was with the speed of service and the attentiveness of the waiter/waitress after the initial food order being placed. Drinks were poured and appeared to sit for a long time on the bar before being brought to the table, there were also long periods where our glasses were empty and nobody noticed or even looked in our direction to take orders for more! Very frustrating really as (with my business and drinking hat on) we would happily have had two or three more rounds of drinks had the service been better. After we placed our dessert order, we waited for forever for it to arrive. My wife eventually (after 30 mins) got up to ask where our dessert was at which point it transpired that the waitress had forgotten to put our order in! There were then very quick to make it and bring it out, and to be fair they didn't charge us without us even suggesting that, but by then the damage was done.

Real shame as could have been great.

Dublin
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stumbled upon this resturant accidentally and regretted it immediately we sat down. Obviously a favourite with cash strapped students with little money to spend on good food. Food lacked flavour and looked as unapetising as it tasted. Staff were nice but lacked any real personality. I had chicken wings to start which were bland. My husband had the chicken quesadilas which were thick and once again bland. We followed this with mains which I can only describe as tasteless and plain old ordinary. I had a frozen margerita which cost 8.50 and even this was what can only be described as muck! Nothing good about this restaurant so avoid at all cost. Only plus was that the meal was cheap at 50 euro which is just like the food...cheap... Maybe we made bad choices on the night but chicken wings and quesadilas are simple and basic to make so if they can't nail these recipes what hope is there for the rest of the menu! My advise...give this restaurant a miss.

• Visited December 2012