“One of the best meals I've ever had in Ireland”
Review of The Winding Stair

The Winding Stair
Reserve with OpenTable
The Winding Stair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 2,719 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a fabulous evening at The Winding Stair. The staff took such great care of us. The sommelier (American guy) really knows his stuff. The food is excellent, great choices on the menu. There was no problem picking courses from the Christmas menu and mixing with the regular a la carte menu. I heard a guy at the table next to us ask for a diet coke. When the waiter told him there was only organic cola, the customer made a face and the waiter said he'd give it to him and it he found it really bad he wouldn't charge - service like this is priceless! We had a lovely table overlooking the river and the Ha'penny bridge. On the value for money scale, I would rate this place 10/10.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Recently moved to Dublin and a lot of people I work with had recommended the Winding Stair as a restaurant I must go to

Finally after a few months I went with the wife and was looking forward to a great meal.

Overall the experience was fine. The food was ok, great selection of beer and wine to choose from and a lovely desert selection. The staff were also very pleasant

Overall the meal, food, wine and staff were pleasant but was expecting a lot more

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I'll keep this short, fantastic food and wine. The waiter we had was amazing, really knowledgable and seemed to love his job. Which made the whole experience! The only thing that let it down was it didn't have a spirits licence. I like a couple liquors after my meal.
This place is worth visiting!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Winding Stair with my colleges for our Christmas Dinner, the service was fabulous and so was the food! We weren't rushed out when we finished either, we were allowed stay and finish our conversations with out feeling the pressure of giving up our seats. I have the turkey and the only negative I will say is that it came in a circular shape, to which it looked like it had been plopped straight out of a can. It was a bit off putting so I didn't finish it. Other than that it was perfect! The chocolate brownie was unbelievable!!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I went here while on our honeymoon. We heard about the Winding Stair online and on tv from Anthony Bourdain's The Layover. Our hotel booked us a reservation our last night in Dublin. The entrance is literally a small winding stairwell, and the restaurant at the top feels like a small apartment of a friend, very charming. We both had the steak, which was cooked perfectly. Would recommend to anyone visiting Dublin, affordable, great service, and authentic.