“Quaint Restaurant with Good Food and Atmosphere”
Review of The Winding Stair

The Winding Stair
Ranked #103 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a fun place to go. Service was welcoming and the view of the river charming. I ordered fish chowder throughout my two-week tour of Ireland, and the Winding Stair did the best version I tasted. Wine and beer choices were excellent. The price was good value for what you get in terms of food and atmosphere. To continue the evening's festive mood, cross over the Liffey and visit the Temple Bar for a nightcap.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I was so excited to try the Winding Stair. Unfortunately, it was a let down. Whilst the menu was good value, the main course of risotto was inedible. The starter was just fine and the desert was again, just fine. I would not be rushing back. The atmosphere is lovely and the service was good.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I flew to Dublin yesterday to celebrate my father's 80th birthday and visit Trinity College where he graduated 60 years ago. Initially we booked a table at The Winding Stair for nine people but then added one more person (an Irish cousin who wanted to meet up with us). As it turned out, three more cousins turned up at the restaurant - one by one - and the restaurant were amazing! They were cool, calm and collected and at no point made us feel uncomfortable. The restaurant was full and yet they accommodated our extra guests with such good grace. We were so impressed and grateful! The service was impeccable - it was very busy but we were all served at the same time and never waited very long for our food. As for the food...well, it was superb! I can honestly say I have never felt compelled to leave a review about a restaurant on the web but this restaurant deserves a very high accolade. Thank you to the manager and staff for helping make out trip to Dublin so wonderful. We will definitely return to this restuarant again! The Crew family, Surrey

Reviewed September 22, 2012

At the recommendation of a local shopkeeper, I popped into the Winding Stair for a light lunch. It was quite busy, but I was seated immediately. Although I ordered only a salad, I felt I was treated with the same consideration and friendliness as someone who might have ordered a full course meal. The food was excellent, and I look forward to returning with my husband for a larger meal! I have no doubt this will happen as we are frequent visitors to Dublin.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went for the early sitting at 6:30pm on a Monday. The restaurant was full by 6:45 - a good sign. And it was borne out by the food which was excellent bistro style. My starter of clams, prawns and rasor clams was full of flavour and all the ingredients were fresh. My main of pork belly was also very good. Service was excellent. The room has a high ceiling with cast iron columns giving a NY Soho feel, with a great view over the liffey and the halfpenny bridge.
As an added bonus your receipt gives a 10% discount in the bookshop downstairs.