“I love Konkan”

Konkan Clanbrassil Street
Ranked #254 of 2,754 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at Konkan, we offer you a large variety of Indian delicacies ranging from regional specialties to your all time favourites. We use only fresh ingredients that are delicately spiced and expertly cooked to tempt your appetite.So experience Indian delicacies from master chefs either in our restaurant or by treating yourself at home with a takeaway or delivery service with a difference"..
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's our favourite and nearest Indian restaurant. How cool is that?

The place is a little small, but cosy and is warmly lit by these charming ceiling lights in colourful glass shades.

The poppadoms are lovely here, very light and accompanied by an nice mango dip and a divine mint dip.

For starters, the meat platter is excellent, as are the Onion Bhajis.

Our most favourite dish here is the Butter Chicken. It's delicious and we order it every visit. The Chicken Cafreal is good also. The accompanying rice and nan have never let us down.

If partaking in a tipple, we go for the Teresa Rizzi Pinot Grigio. At around 20 EUR, it's very good value.

The staff are very polite and really attentive too, more than happy to help at all stages of the meal, without being too invasive.

I highly recommend Konkan.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a take away from this restaurant and I had one of their vegetable payaru with rice. It was very well made and I felt that all the spices were in the right combination and they didn't dominate the taste of vegetables. I will surely recommend this restaurant

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went to this restaurant with 3 friends, all male & all 60+. We'd had a day out in Dublin & wanted a late curry. I'd checked out Konkan on Trip Advisor, & apart from 1 grumbler who seemed to think his food had been frozen, looked good. It was on our route back to Rathfarnham, so I phoned ahead to make sure they could accommodate us at about 9.30 on a Tuesday evening. The phone was promptly answered by a man who assured us it would be no problem. We duly arrived & were given a nice window table. The place was fairly quiet, but we were given the best of attention. One of my fiends, knew exactly what he wanted & although it was not on the menu we were assured was not a problem, & it duly arrived exactly as he had specified. The other 3 of us selected from the menu! The food was served piping hot & was really tasty, spicy but not too hot - just as we had ordered it.
Good portions, well cooked, complimentary poppadoms & pickles, excellent, courteous service, what more could you want

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went here on our first and last nights in Dublin. It is way off the tourist trail south of the big sites and crowded pubs on the south bank of the river. It was worth the extra effort to get here. The food and service were outstanding. The staff could not have been more friendly. The portions were generous. The aubergine with coconut milk was particularly delicious. There is an extenisve wine list for such a tiny place. Apparently this is one of the most popular takeout places in Dublin. We saw dozens of takeout meals while we were there. The next time we are in Dublin, we are going back.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent service, friendly enthusiastic staff, excellent menu and excellent well priced food. I have had meals in there and carry outs and would have no hesittion in giving full marks. Lovely little hidden unpretentious gem. Give it a go.