“another great night with fun and good food”
Review of Boulevard Cafe

Boulevard Cafe
Ranked #387 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dublin
“another great night with fun and good food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was in Boulevard again recently with 3 Italian clients and they really enjoyed the night. As always the atmosphere was great with plenty of laughter. People passing did what any foreign visitor does, tried to get in as the place was hopping at 7pm! If you want a good meal with great serrvice in the centre of Dublin look no further! We hold our staff nights there and they are also just as good.

1 Thank QuinnerJ

• Polish first
“Great food, great staff, great service - look no further!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Somewhere for 29 hen revellers to eat and have fun, with great food and service, but without being gagged? We didn't know where to begin! However, we need not have worried. The restaurant is a far cry from the cheap & cheerful eateries you often end up in on hen weekends - good quality decor and a very warm welcome on arrival. This positive experienced continued to the food ( prompt, lovely, all 29 piping hot and very well priced) and good humoured service throughout. We had a great time, whilst not interfering with other customers out for a slightly different kind of evening! This restaurant would suit families, couples and parties, all are truly well catered for - enjoy!

1 Thank Ali1369
Bridlington
“Good food short on staff”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our 3rd visit to this restaurant. Food is always very good. Staff seemed a bit stretched. This could have something to do with the amount of foreign diners who seem to need everything explaining to them. We had to ask 3 times for the dessert menu and getting the bill needed persistance. Fintan the owner was not in on our visit this time so this could have had something to do with it. We shall come again as the food is the main thing you go to a restaurant for.

Dublin, Ireland
“Never again”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I visited this restaurant 2 weeks ago with my husband on a Saturday night. Menu is very limited and food is only okay. Restaurant is very noisy. I was using a High Life card and rang that day at lunchtime to make the reservation. High Life for this restaurant states that the card can be used anyday but bookings for Friday and Saturday are lilmited and can only be taken on the day which was fine as I did this. A person with broken english took our reservation and I mentioned to him that we had a High Life card and he just said we will see you at 8 o'clock. When we went to pay our bill we were absolutely mortified by what I can only describe as the rudest man I have ever come across working in a restaurant - we eat out at least twice a week. He said in a very loud voice "you can't use that card here tonight, if you had mentioned this when you were booking you would have been told there was no resevations available, that is only to bring customers in on quiet nights". Needless to say we were so embarassed by this man that we just paid the bill and left and will never return again. Food is way overpriced for what you get, there are plenty of other good value, good quality restaurants in the area.

2 Thank Jackson64
Dublin, Ireland
“a great, reasonable Wednesday evening meal”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had dinner with a friend here last night, and we really enjoyed it. We had the €60 per couple (3 course, t/c and bottle of house wine) menu, which was fantastic value for the food that we got. The pate was delicious, really strong tasting, the way I love it. The Pork belly was good, I think it lacked a touch of seasoning. I had a berry crumble for dessert, it could have done with a bit more fruit, but it was adequate. All this followed by a tasty Americano and a free refill, we left satisfied and will come back again. Just a note, the noise levels are close to unbearably high when the place is full, this settled down for us after 8:30, but I do agree with my fellow reviewers opinions.

• Visited September 2012