“Twice as Nice”

Ranked #256 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Operating since 1995, this family run business is casual and welcoming. We pride ourselves on our excellent food with fast and friendly service. Depending on the time of day, the atmosphere ranges from quiet and relaxing to noisy and buzzing. We offer great value lunch and early bird specials, making it ideal for a quick lunch or pre theatre get together. Our a la carte menu is available all day from 12 noon to 10pm and we also offer a full wine list and beer. So whether Dublin is your home or you are visiting our fair city, make a date with The Italian Connection.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had two wonderful meals here on two consecutive days. Two people with me loved their meals, too. Day one I tried the “Sicilian pizza” – aubergine, courgettes and more. Really good, and generous with those ingredients (see photo). Day two I had a wonderful pasta dish. They’re open from 8am to 10pm.

Only one quibble: the toilet seat should have been secured with two bolts, but one was detached. The next day the toilet seat was gone altogether!

Very nice murals of Italian scenes were painted on all the walls.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Called for breakfast with 4 colleagues. We all had various breakfasts. Service was prompt & polite. The food was served quickly, was freshly cooked, tasty and not dripping in oil or grease. We had loads of toast brought as soon as the plate began to empty. The coffee was strong, aromatic and tasted really good. We all left with full bellies and smiles.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Have visited this restaurant both at lunchtimes & in the evening and have always experienced good service and enjoyed good food at a reasonable price. As others have said the "early bird" menu is good value.
Quite a small establishment so we tend to reserve a table; has a nice atmosphere; good selection of food & wine but does not sell beer.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We know the owner Aideen, lovely woman and lovely food. We have just returned from a 5 day break in the city with 2 English friends and one Irish friend. We had our evening meal at the Italian Connection every night. Aideen always cooks special meals for me as I hate garlic. She is a true lady among the ever competative restaurant industry. Also a big, big thank you to Aideen's lovely Brazillian assistant. Excellent waitress.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Would recommend this place but they could make things easier by simple things such as having a website where potential customers can access their menu. Similarly, their credit card machine is stone age and wouldnt accept my mastercard which would have been embarrassing had I not been comfortable with the people I was with.