“Excellent food, Little expensive”
Review of Ukiyo Bar

Ukiyo Bar
Ranked #436 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Modern Asian cuisine made with love - Private karaoke boxes to hire - Late bar and disco dancing deejays all weekend long.
“Excellent food, Little expensive”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Tried it AND really enjoied!! Good food, Good service, Good atmosphere. The price was the only thing so AND so: too high for quantities. But, again, really tasty!!

• Turkish first
Dublin
“Hen party zone, noisey”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I went to a 30th birthday dinner to Ukiyo. The menu read well and the restaurant was packed. There was a table of approximately 20 girls seated down centre of the restaurant at a long table. A hen party. I have been a part of lots of hen parties and they are great fun. I have no issue with people having a laugh and enjoying themselves. However I could not hear the person beside me trying to talk to me. We were wincing with the piercing squeals and roaring from the large group. I felt the management should have asked them to respect the other diners more. Our food was nice but we couldn't speak to each other, instead just listening to the hens. The kareoke booths are great fun and we went there ourselves that night and I understand that these will attract hen parties and large noisey groups. So I would not recommend this restaurant on a weekend night for dinner if you want to speak to your friends but if you have a gang who want to make noise, you won't be thrown out.

• Visited May 2012
South Bend, Indiana
“Limited Menu”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I went to Ukiyo with a friend for dinner. It's a OK place with a good atmosphere - there is karaoke downstairs, so it feels very lively. i think maybe the atmosphere is prioritized over the food, though. I ordered the vegetarian stir fry noodles. They were fine, but not memorable (huge portion, though). I was really surprised at how limited the menu is, especially for vegetarians. Most Asian places are really great for veggies, but this one felt restricted.

Overall, it's a fine restaurant, but not amazing. I think the bathrooms need a bit of a face lift too...or at least the cobwebs need to be cleaned up.

• Visited June 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty food, generous portions”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently went to this place for a friend's birthday and had a great night. I was expecting the portions to be quite small but both starter (prawns) and main (beef) were quite big and very very tasty. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Our bill came to €50 each thereabouts and we had a lot of wine too between 8 of us. I would definitely come here again! The karaoke booths downstairs were also great fun and would recommend!

Dublin, Ireland
“Funky, delicious, friendly”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Just love this place, wholeheartedly recommend it if a funky and fun atmosphere is your thing, as well as delicious asian food.

Visited March 2012