“Average Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had lunch here recently while visiting Dublin. Service was good. atmosphere was nice but having chefs walk in and out of the kitchen and a chef carry cooked mince from somewhere across the street into the restaurant in front of customers not very pleasant!! Had a Burrito was ok but it wasn't very hot and filling lacked much flavour. Had the lime cheesecake after which was also ok, was a small portion and was very heavy with gelatine and the base was soggy. Coffee was nice. Overall I had expected more and was disappointed as I love Mexican food.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I visited this restaurant in february 2013. The place was almost empty and we were seated almost next to the front door, although there were nicer tables available. We had the early bird menu, where everything was good, nothing amazingly delicious. The sizzling fajitas were served in a frying pan of sorts and lived up to their name. The house white wine was only 10 euros a bottle. Overall, a good experience, but no

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went here on a sunday evening. The service was terrible, I ordered a steak, was not asked how I would like it done or what kind of sauce I wanted. Also I had to go up to get a drinks menu myself during the meal as there was not many waiters around. The coke my boyfriend ordered was really flat as it was from a large bottle rather than a small glass bottle although it was 2:90.
In fairness the food did arrive fast , but for the price was not well presented at all. The stake was good but the burger my boyfriend ordered had sauce on it that was not on the menu and had a cheap burger bun that was kind of stale.
Was not asked during the meal if the food was ok and was not asked either when the bill was brought down.
Would not bother going back just because of the bad service and the presentation of the food

joedunne, Owner at Cactus Jacks, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hi there - im really sorry you had a bad evening with us, i have spoken to the staff who were on sunday and have dealt with your issues, my apologies. I hope you will come again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

we have visited this restaurant numerous times and it has often been difficult to get a seat as booking was necessary! HOWEVER its newly decorated and its once good value for early bird menu has been changed!!!! Inthe past they offered a glass of house wine with the early bird and This is no more!!! I listenedd as customers in the newly decorated restaurant asked why has this been changed. They were very dissappointed. The restaurant was also virtually empty on a busy saturday night in Dublin. The once great Fajitas were cold and lacked spice and a paella on the menu was congealed and not a traditioal paella, it was tasteless. The staff were great about it however we will not be back. The charm has been lost as obvious cost cutting has lead to the decine of this resaurant. Management please make this place great again !!

Hi there - Im really sorry that your fajitas and paella were not to your satisfaction i shall speak to the chef and try find out what had happened. With regards to the early bird the wine was taken off it as it was free and with wine getting taxed more we coud not do that deal any longer and already our early bird at 3 courses for 19.95 is one of the best in dublin we thought it would be ok and it seems to be with the majority of our customers. I do apologise for your meal and do hope you come again as we have not cost cutted in fact we have spent money to decorate the place and have still kept our great prices, hope you will come again. cheers Joe Dunne

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Me and my girlfriend went for a meal on valentines day. On this day there was a set valentines menu. Of the mains we went for burrito and fajitas. The burrito was heavenly with its chocolate chilli inclusion as a nice twist and sweetness!! There was also a good size plate of chicken for the fajitas and it was all very filling. The service was also great and there is a nice selection of wines. Would recommend without hesitation!!

Hi there, i just want to thank you very much for dining with us on valentines night and im glad you enjoyed the meal and the service. Its good to hear. Cheers. Joe Dunne