“Nice enough”

Ranked #505 of 2,774 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy our friendly atmosphere in a relaxing surrounding with an extensive menu to cater for any occasion. We serve delicious food from all around the world with authentic presentation.
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Ste here with three others last night. Three of four had the Buffalo wings for starters,which were delicious and plenty in the portion. One of us had garlic bread,again very tasty plenty of chopped garlic. Three had the "Splayed Chicken" BBQ or piri piri for mains,which they said was nice but literally a whole chicken,which in fairness it says it is on the menu but is not as appealing looking when on the plate nothing special just a splayed out whole chicken basted in sauce..good if you fancy a decent meat feast. Chunky Chips were well overdone and greasy but not bad.
Ate the calzone pizza myself and added chicken and chorizo to the standard calzone which is vegetarian. Was lovely very tasty great portion for hungry appetite.
Service was slow to say the least,waited 10 minutes before we were approached at all and after ordering drinks probably another 10 minutes again which came practically with our starters. Think it could have been just our own waiter though noticed other people in after us with drinks and orders taken before us.
We took up the "late bird" menu two courses for 21.95 not too bad for weekend and late.
Fischer German beer was very nice albeit pricey for a pint although the bottles were as pricey but then again it is temple bar.
Nice restaurant overall though.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I ate lunch in luigi Malones yesterday & I have to say it was both delicious & great value!
For €12.75 we had main course, dessert & soft drink or you can have a bottle of mineral water (San pellegrino)
The main course I had was king prawn taglettlie tossed in a cream sauce with roasted pepper. For a prawn dish there was lots of nice big prawns & the bowl of pasta was a perfect size! The lunch mains are slightly smaller than the main evening portions but absolutely perfectly sized for lunch & I was pleasantly full afterwards without feeling uncomfortably full!
For dessert I had a chocolate sundae with brownie & the brownie was absolutely delicious, I'm never able to finish a dessert but there was nothing left in my sundae dish it was so yummy!
When we went in it was in the middle of the lunch rush & I thought it was maybe a little cramped & very loud (hence the waiter giving me sprite instead of the coke I ordered but that's nothing major) once the crowds left it was nice and airy & much calmer! & I suppose it's good to see crowds... When a place is busy, always a good sign!
That was my first time eating here & I will definitely be back as there's lots more of the menu I would like to sample!
Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Lunch Time menu is very good with lots of choices. The presentation and the quality of the food is excellent. I would highly recommend Luigi Malone to everyone.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to this restaurant for a christmas lunch. The menu is varied, too much maybe for an italian restaurant (from the chicken, to pasta and the fajitas). The food was really average, some plates mediocre (burned lasagna, heavy fajitas). The service wasn't great: food ordered completely forgot by the waitress at every courses. So in the end, I would not recommend the restaurant except for the value, but it definitively reflects in the food.

1  Thank Maxime G
Reviewed January 11, 2013

What happened to your kitchen , luigi is family favourite and we visit a few times a year , great waiting staff and on are visit a very cheerful friendly new addition to your team but corners are been cut in quantity and quality in kitchen , burnt nachos , cold plate with half a dozen small small mushrooms , the wings were still great .... Main course was a disaster undercooked pizza with 5 pieces of salami , cold fatty lamb with twice cooked staw fries , and fries I mean a dozen if not less , again with the penne chicken it was a case of searching out the chicken , me thinks portions control for profits is in play here , sort it out lads or you won't be seeing us much in 2013