“Best entertainment in Dublin!”

The Merry Ploughboy
Ranked #211 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the foothills of the Dublin Mountains, the Merry Ploughboy is a destination gastro pub. Being a proud member of "Good Food Ireland", the pub offers the best of Irish food produce which includes a variety of specials to choose from each day along with Sunday roasts at the weekend.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went here with our tour group for dinner and the entertainment! What a great surprise! The owners are also the singers who are so good! And the Irish dances are wonderful. We had dinner and drinks. The food is ok but that is over shadowed by the entertainment. Get there early for a good seat. The tables are long and you seat by groups. Fun evening! There were old and young in our group and everyone had a great time!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

What a super evening. Slick operation, good food and super music and some Irish dancing. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

On the outskirts of Dublin, available by dedicated bus pickup inside the city if you like, lies a real Irish treat.
The Merry Ploughboy Pub, owned by the performers, has offerings from pub food to full dinners accompanied by live music on authentic Celtic instruments. There is singing, hand clapping, and foot stomping by everyone. On top of this is Irish step dancing right out on the pub floor. Those inspired are welcomed to join in!
Guinness by the pint all round, and other drinks of choice are offered, making this a very merry evening.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

As part of a tour group, my wife and I had a meal and entertainment at The Merry Ploughboy Pub. The dinner was decent but not spectacular, and the entertainment by a group with the same name as the pub was excellent, hence my rating. Following the singing of the Merry Ploughboys, there was Irish dancing by three women and one or two men. This was followed by more singing. In the past, I've not been all that enamored with Irish music, but I liked this group a lot. If you're in Dublin and are looking for a place for an evening meal, try The Merry Ploughboy Pub if there's going to be entertainment.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I love the Merry Ploughboy. Myself & my partner went here on our first date 4 years ago & this pub also has a special place in heart for him as he used to visit when it was called something else with his father - so we went back recently for dinner as a trip down memory lane & it was so GOOD!! I had a duck & grapefruit salad & chicken wings & he had the wings (we shared the pot) and bangers & mash. They had a fire lit & even though there was only a few locals here - there was a nice cozy atmosphere.
I always recommend to my clients to come visit the show and have dinner as I think the food is top class! Traditional Irish/Gastropub - it hits the spot!

Keep it up!