“a great night”

The Merry Ploughboy
Ranked #212 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at the foothills of the Dublin Mountains, the Merry Ploughboy is a destination gastro pub. Being a proud member of "Good Food Ireland", the pub offers the best of Irish food produce which includes a variety of specials to choose from each day along with Sunday roasts at the weekend.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our tour included this stop which turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. The food was very good and the show even better. The traditional music and the dancers really gave our Irish trip a great start.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the Merry Ploughboys Pub! We went there with our tour group. They have the regular Pub and then they have another room where there is an entire meal (4 courses), music, and dance. The cost was covered by our tour, but I saw that the price was about 50 Euro's. Children are 40% off and it is very child friendly. The food was wonderful. I stepped out of my box and an ordered the Lamb shank. I've only had Lamb one time before and that was over 20 years ago. It was wonderful. Extremely tender. The Irish dancers were fantastic. The dancing started with 3 girls in soft shoes. They were mesmerizing. It was kind of a cross between Irish dancing and ballet. They reminded me of what it would look like if you saw faeries dancing. The rest of the dances were a mix of soft shoe and hard shoe. I loved every minute of it. The music was next. The Merry Ploughboys played traditional Irish music. Many of the songs I am familiar with as I listen to a lot of Irish music. Their renditions were wonderful. Great voices and music! They do sell their CD's and other items there. I know wish I had bought one, but I just checked out their website and you can buy their CD's online. To me, this was the true Irish experience and one of the best parts of my trip!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Merry Ploughboys is a wonderful taste of the Irish music. The meal was delicious, service was excellent, and the Ploughboys were entertaining. I loved how they included the audience in the performance. I bought one of their CD's and hope to see them in the US someday.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was our last night in Ireland and I had been out and about all day. The atmosphere was wonderful. I was not that hungry that night. The vegetables that were brought to the table were wonderful.I loved the dessert. I liked how they had t-shirts, hats and CDs available for sale. I loved the show with the band and the dancers. There was plenty of parking for tour buses. I would have to say that the highlight of the evening was the show! I have fond memories of that night.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

When my wife suggested we try this for a traditional Irish meal and entertainment I thought she'd lost her mind! The thought of an evening with coach parties swigging Guinness and eating school dinners watching a canned show filled me with dread. Then we looked at all the very positive reviews and we booked. Well you were right, the food was excellent, with a good choice of starters and mains and astonishingly well cooked for so many people at the same time. The show was also great, the band, the Merry Ploughboys were very professional and although a slightly unwilling volunteer to join the dance troupe - I had the time of my life.

1  Thank NorwichCarrow